My primary Gmail acct was Hacked and now I can't get into some of my market apps. How do I uninstall Gmail without losing everything on my Droid?
    In settings>manage apps> there is no Gmail and I want to avoid doing a factory default reset! Please help!!
    06-10-2010 07:53 PM
    It's not Gmail restricting this.
    You should contact google stating that it's your email, and get your account back, otherwise, you wont be able to use the apps because of the authentication system embedded into Android.
    06-11-2010 02:17 AM
    I had a similar problem. Fixing it required some authentication but was fairly painless and fast. Once my gmail was back up and running (with a new password of course) my Droid was right back in the game.
    06-11-2010 05:12 AM
    And, just a note, your connection to your google account is in Settings>Accounts & Sync. If you ever got a different gmail account, you would add it there, and disconnect from your original one, but that would mean that you'd lose your paid apps.
    06-11-2010 07:22 AM
    It's not Gmail restricting this.
    You should contact google stating that it's your email, and get your account back, otherwise, you wont be able to use the apps because of the authentication system embedded into Android.

So if you dont have a gmail account you can use any Android phones?
    06-11-2010 01:26 PM
    So if you dont have a gmail account you can use any Android phones?
    That'd be correct. (sorta)

But since you can get one for free........Whats stopping you?

It just doesn't give you access to gmail, maps, the market, calendar, contact back-up, photo sync, or basically anything.
    06-11-2010 01:27 PM
    set up your normal email account .dont use google accounts.and you will be able to download of androib market
    06-12-2010 05:10 AM
    I still remember waiting for a invite to gmail it took me forever to find someone with one left now google has a hand in everything

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    06-22-2010 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD