I've been saying it since the Nexus One was announced, I'm gonna keep saying it, and someday the guys at AndroidCentral will quit asking hardware vendors to give us more Snapdragon. It should be called Crapdragon instead. It will run Quickoffice faster alright, but when it comes to multimedia/graphics the Snapdragon is about as weak as an old ARM7 based SoC.

Motorola Droid Takes Down Nexus One, EVO, Incredible in Graphics Battle | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Nuff said. Watch the whole video.
    06-10-2010 08:17 PM
    Great!!!!
    06-10-2010 08:24 PM
    Having a dedicated graphics system does that!
    06-10-2010 10:36 PM
    Only thing is that who uses Android as a gaming / multimedia platform? For me I would rather load up Quickoffice faster. Besides is there a reason we can't have both
    06-11-2010 03:09 AM
    It's not just games, it's OpenGL. Dalvik is great and all but multimedia apps are going to use the NDK, and any compositing is going to be done in OGL. Movie players, the gallery, anything that does overlays will behave more robustly in OGL. Pretty much, all the really cool stuff that we want to see. You ask yourself "who wants to use it for games?" Apparently millions of people use mobile devices with which to game on. Android is "mobile" isn't it? So when people spring for an incredible thinking it's superior in every way and it gets spanked by a lowly old Droid..... Hmmm...... snapdragon sucks.
    06-11-2010 09:08 AM
    LOL! WTF?? Anyone else read the captions from Taylor speaking? It's the funniest thing I've ever seen! talking about Wounded from Iran, the CDC, "under the little bones", "hd test" turns out to be "tasty test", "mccain its the other two romance the sexual" and other stuff.. WTG speech-2-text!! HAHAHAHAHA

wow, they really need to remove that.. it's talking about second wars, GOP and some very off the wall things.
    06-11-2010 10:47 AM
    i ran the benchmark im on Froyo 2.2 overclocked to 1ghz and i got 5.4 / 40
    so our almost 1 year olld phones still dominating brand new ones sweet
    06-11-2010 01:33 PM
    Seems like the Motorola phones with AC/OMAP processors are even more powerful than the HTC ones in general. They're also built better. Just take the Droid for example and compare it to the Incredible. The Incredible feels like a cheap happy meal toy from McDonald's.
    06-13-2010 11:33 AM
    Seems like the Motorola phones with AC/OMAP processors are even more powerful than the HTC ones in general. They're also built better. Just take the Droid for example and compare it to the Incredible. The Incredible feels like a cheap happy meal toy from McDonald's.
    I love my droid and my android OS. That said, the weight of the phone really has nothing to do with its quality in this case. Sure, motorola droid is a tank compared to the incredible, nexus one, and the iphone. Yes, all 3 of the latter feel cheap and light compared to the beast droid. BUT, this "feeling" of cheapness is subjective, and many many many people would prefer a lighter and slimmer phone that is as or more powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing videos and reading articles where the droid beats out other phones in benchmarks, but I think some people take it too far with these comparisons.
    06-13-2010 12:20 PM
    I love my droid and my android OS. That said, the weight of the phone really has nothing to do with its quality in this case. Sure, motorola droid is a tank compared to the incredible, nexus one, and the iphone. Yes, all 3 of the latter feel cheap and light compared to the beast droid. BUT, this "feeling" of cheapness is subjective, and many many many people would prefer a lighter and slimmer phone that is as or more powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing videos and reading articles where the droid beats out other phones in benchmarks, but I think some people take it too far with these comparisons.
    I never said anything about its weight. All I said is that it's built out of better material than the Incredible. The N1 is also built out of quality material. I felt an Incredible and the plastic they used felt cheap. This has been talked about in reviews as well. My dad has an iPhone and it's lighter than my Droid and weighs about the same as the Incredible but feels much better made.
    06-13-2010 01:00 PM
    my bad
    06-13-2010 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD