Camera side button works intermittently...

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
OK, I have searched and cannot find anyone who has a solution to this issue. About a month ago, my camera side button stopped working. When pressed, it didn't vibrate, activate the camera, nothing. I downloaded the "Button Shortcut" app, and set the camera button to "camera", and lo and behold it started working again as of last week. Today, I go to press the button...nothing. I un and re installed the shortcut app, no change.
I am running DX Top, Handcent, and yes, the home screen capture option is OFF on DXtop. I have no other conflicting programs that offer reprogramming options for the camera button. I tried a battery pull, nothing. The camera still comes up when I tap the icon, but this is an inconvenience. Any suggestions? Fixes? Thanks in advance.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you just pushing it in or holding it for a couple seconds? If I push mine in and let go, the camera app won't come up but if I hold it for 2 seconds or so, it'll vibrate and the camera comes up. Does the button work to take pictures?

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I think the issue is with Handcent. I uninstalled it and re installed just that program each time the problem arose, and both times it fixed the problem...not sure why its causing the hangup..
Pjnc, yeah I was holding it in. The button did work for the shutter release, strangely enough!

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use handcent and that is not an issue for me. Idd venture to say its a conflict with one ore more applications, and dxtop sounds suspicious... especially since it has an option to override that button's functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463