If I could have a "switch wizard" like I did on my BB so that everytime I upgraded, bricked my phone, or switched it would be easy to get all my customizations back!
    06-14-2010 03:26 PM
    Well, if you use backups and such it's not hard to get your applications back and with Froyo, that's even easier than it ever has been: it'll back up your apps and the data that goes with them! So, that means any customizations you have with those apps will be saved as well. And, you can move these backups between phones, so...it's kind of the same thing, I suppose.

Peter
    06-14-2010 08:04 PM
    cut and paste....
    06-14-2010 10:50 PM
    cut and paste....
    This... god, this.
    06-15-2010 12:36 AM
    Well, if you use backups and such it's not hard to get your applications back and with Froyo, that's even easier than it ever has been: it'll back up your apps and the data that goes with them! So, that means any customizations you have with those apps will be saved as well. And, you can move these backups between phones, so...it's kind of the same thing, I suppose.

Peter
    One nice thing about my BB device switch wizard is that with essentially 2 clicks of my mouse I had my new phone exactly the same as my old phone (i.e. wallpaper, ringtones, volume levels, contact settings, user dictionary, alarms, etc...). Everything down to the smallest setting I ever changed on the phone I was changing from was updated to the phone I was changing to. In otherwords with the exception of having a new shell, the new device was exactly the same with out me having to do a thing.

That would be nice...

"Im just sayin"
    06-15-2010 11:07 AM
    Android has this........ I don't know exactly your concern.

I have had multiple Android phones, and every single time I switch or replace, my wallpaper is the same, my ringtones are the same, my contacts are the same, my favorites are the same. It all syncs with the google servers, and what doesn't is saved on your SD card, STOCK.
    06-15-2010 11:19 AM
    Android has this........ I don't know exactly your concern.

I have had multiple Android phones, and every single time I switch or replace, my wallpaper is the same, my ringtones are the same, my contacts are the same, my favorites are the same. It all syncs with the google servers, and what doesn't is saved on your SD card, STOCK.
    Really?....And how exactly do you accomplish this?

I recently did a wipe on my Moto Droid, and I had all my apps saved my info saved on my SD card, but I had to set everything up manually. I had to reinstall my apps, I had to reset my home screens, create new folders, set my ringtones and notification tones again, reset the screen timeout time, change my desired clock format (24hr) reset my wifi connection, create a new patter lock....Just to name a few.

But your telling me that everytime you changed between your multiple devices, you did not have to do any of this?

Please fill me in because my Incredible will be here in a few days and I dont mind setting up the phone up to my preferences, but if there is a way around this I would like to know.

Thanks..
    06-15-2010 11:26 AM
    Root, install sprecovery or clockwork, make a nandroid backup, profit
    06-15-2010 12:14 PM
    Really?....And how exactly do you accomplish this?

I recently did a wipe on my Moto Droid, and I had all my apps saved my info saved on my SD card, but I had to set everything up manually. I had to reinstall my apps, I had to reset my home screens, create new folders, set my ringtones and notification tones again, reset the screen timeout time, change my desired clock format (24hr) reset my wifi connection, create a new patter lock....Just to name a few.

But your telling me that everytime you changed between your multiple devices, you did not have to do any of this?

Please fill me in because my Incredible will be here in a few days and I dont mind setting up the phone up to my preferences, but if there is a way around this I would like to know.

Thanks..
    I didn't have to lift a finger. Not quite sure why it worked so well for me though. Luck?
    06-15-2010 12:16 PM
    I didn't have to lift a finger. Not quite sure why it worked so well for me though. Luck?
    How exactly did you do this?
    06-15-2010 12:30 PM
    Google servers keep track of your apps, contacts, wifi settings, and some other things but never keeps up with the tedious things like home screen arrangement, etc.
    06-15-2010 12:35 PM
    Root, install sprecovery or clockwork, make a nandroid backup, profit
    Thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it!

However I am one who does not see the benefit of rooting my droid for the soul purpose of backing up my info.

Im just simply saying that I am happy with my droid, it works FLAWLESSLY as functionality goes. But I would be a +++ if this among a few other little tweaks were included either out of the box, or in the market.

We all can agree the droid has made simple "Smart phone" tasks even simpler and easier than ever before where as past OS tweaks took Masterful skill and registry modifications to accomplish.

There maybe no answer for what I am asking. As I am not necessarily seeking an answer I am just saying: "IT WOULD BE NICE"...

And if an answer exist...Great! if not... I will still be able to sleep comfortably at night.
    06-15-2010 12:39 PM
    Google servers keep track of your apps, contacts, wifi settings, and some other things but never keeps up with the tedious things like home screen arrangement, etc.
    ...but it "would be nice" if it did though. Wouldnt it?
    06-15-2010 12:40 PM
    If I could have a "switch wizard" like I did on my BB so that everytime I upgraded, bricked my phone, or switched it would be easy to get all my customizations back!
    Better yet, something like wireless backup (on BES).
    06-15-2010 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD