I've had my Droid since around Jan. I do have my Facebook contacts sync'd, but I haven't changed the frequency. I also don't run the Facebook widget. Woke up yesterday with 100% charge. After 4.5 hours, my battery was at 50%, so I looked to see what was eating it, and Facebook had used 60%. Opened up task killer (I know, I know), and Facebook wasn't even running. Charged it up, and didn't have any more problems last night.

Woke up this morning with 100% charge, went to the gym and looked at my phone and it was at 40% after 3 hours this time. Looked to see if it was Facebook again and sure enough it had used 79%.

Anybody got any suggestions?
    06-15-2010 01:01 PM
    That is quite odd. I never see FB on my battery usage top 5... are you using it a lot?
    06-15-2010 02:37 PM
    I never use it. I think the built in app is crap. The only thing Facebook does on my phone is pull down contact info. I don't launch the FB app, I don't run the widget, I don't update my status from it, nothing.
    06-15-2010 02:42 PM
    I never use it. I think the built in app is crap. The only thing Facebook does on my phone is pull down contact info. I don't launch the FB app, I don't run the widget, I don't update my status from it, nothing.
    you should run the lg socialite fb/twitter app. sooo much better and the widget looks a hundred times better too, although its a full screen widget.

Download: LG Ally Socialite App | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    06-15-2010 03:55 PM
    I had the exact thing happen yesterday. battery status reported 89% FB drain on the battery. Don't know what happened there? Seemed OK after recharging...strange.
    06-16-2010 06:58 AM
    i run the facebook widget and use the app quite a bit and never even see it on my battery usage maybe 1% thats it display/browser/voice calls are my biggest drainers lol
    06-17-2010 03:14 AM
    Delete FB, reboot phone, reinstall from Market, check the FB app's update frequency (I use 4 hrs and it doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect on my battery).
    06-18-2010 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD