Droid lost internet connection...

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you experienced this at all??? I just had mine give me a 'no connection' shpeel and now I can't connect to the internet :(

EDIT: Rebooted and now it works ok... Weird. It has to be the software and not the service, right?

Last edited:

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
No network connection
----------------------
Browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection.

Just happened again :confused: ...is this happening to anyone else??? Reboot fixed it again...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
no problems like that over here.

are you talking about wifi or just normal network data connection?

if the latter, maybe try a *228 option 2?

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
maybe try a *228 option 2?

I kept losing my verizon network connection... ie no phone calls, nothing.

and...

tried the *228 option 2... --> 'programming unsuccessful'

might be taking it in to the verizon store

EDIT: Just tried *228 again and this time it worked... we'll see if i get the no connection error again.

Last edited:

rebma85

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm also getting a "no internet connection available" error in the task bar. It happens right after I disconnect from a call. I've tried the *228 a couple times. It only last for a second or so but then all my icons are back on the task bar.

I've started deleting apps to start from scratch...not sure what else to do.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I always get the "no internet connection" after a phone call. I just assumed that was because this can't do internet and phone at the same time. However, I have been getting that message at other times recently as well (today/yesterday). I did the programming, but it doesn't seem to have helped...

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I kept losing my verizon network connection... ie no phone calls, nothing.

and...

tried the *228 option 2... --> 'programming unsuccessful'

might be taking it in to the verizon store

EDIT: Just tried *228 again and this time it worked... we'll see if i get the no connection error again.
IT IS NOT the phone. there is a network issue with VZW in some parts of the west coast and mid-central, just wait till early AM and try again. Then call VZW about network issues and most of the time they have a way of "resetting device settings" on their end.

DroidRage

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Have you experienced this at all??? I just had mine give me a 'no connection' shpeel and now I can't connect to the internet :(

EDIT: Rebooted and now it works ok... Weird. It has to be the software and not the service, right?

According to what I know about Verizon service is that it is not capable of supporting voice and data connections simultaneously so I notice that i get the internet connection lost when I get off the phone. This explains the lost internet connection connection when you are using the phone for a phone call. This is one thing that AT&T has started advertising because their network is capable of supporting voice and data at the same time. I do not know why this is not possible on Verizon's network. Anyone else have any input of this?

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
According to what I know about Verizon service is that it is not capable of supporting voice and data connections simultaneously so I notice that i get the internet connection lost when I get off the phone. This explains the lost internet connection connection when you are using the phone for a phone call. This is one thing that AT&T has started advertising because their network is capable of supporting voice and data at the same time. I do not know why this is not possible on Verizon's network. Anyone else have any input of this?

Not so.
I've used my BB 9530 Storm surfing online while taking calls at the same time, with no issues whatsoever.;)

As for the VZW's service interruptions... been having the same issues as the OP stated for the past 24hrs. It seems to have remedied itself though.

cisocothecat

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Having issues as well.

I have been having 3G connection issues today and yesterday. I have *228 and rebooted the phone. It comes back for a while and then quickly drops to 1G and then nothing. Anyone else having this issue? I am in Tampa Bay area. I am currently on hold with Verizon CS.

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have had sketchy connection, both internet and voice. Some voicemails have come through half a day later. Occasionally, I internet disconnect but its very inconsistent. I can identify no rhyme nor reason.

blazman234

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Problems with data

Got the droid on tuesday. Been having an issue with data. Have been a bb user for quite some time so everywhere I am using the droid I have used my bb. I will have two to three bars and can make phone calls and send and receive text yet I cannot use the browser or get email. when I try it says there is no data connection. is the common?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Not so.
I've used my BB 9530 Storm surfing online while taking calls at the same time, with no issues whatsoever.;)

As for the VZW's service interruptions... been having the same issues as the OP stated for the past 24hrs. It seems to have remedied itself though.

EVDO REV. A does support VOIP and therefor CAN support simultaneous voice and data, however this is something that Verizon has to allow on their network as this would put more strain on their network once unlocked. In the end, it is their call, and I have heard rumors that Verizon is going to be opening this up at some point as they have tested it over their network in certain areas.

blazman234

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
update

called verizon, they ran a check on my line and decided everything was okay on their end. they sent me to the local verizon store and gave me a new droid. According to verizon support they have had a few of these complaints and they think it is is from the batch of droids that came out recently.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ive only had a few while at work and ill chalk that up to location since thats not even all the time

I think this might have been my problem... only had it happen a few times, both at work... might have been the building, might have been that i needed to *228 but anyway... Haven't had this problem since I was able to *228 a day after the original post.