Maybe Froyo 2.2 next week?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
July isn't bad, but to be perfectly honest, I thought we'd be seeing it sooner. Vanilla Android device. Oh well, Verizon is going to be Verizon. I'll be fine waiting, ex-Blackberry user here lol

Appleluver23

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
July isn't bad, but to be perfectly honest, I thought we'd be seeing it sooner. Vanilla Android device. Oh well, Verizon is going to be Verizon. I'll be fine waiting, ex-Blackberry user here lol

Yeah. I thought we were going to see it sooner as well. If we don't get it in July for some reason I will start to get a little concerned.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
get it now, just root. what are you waiting for. soon droid will be forgotten, you should root or will be left in the dust .

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
get it now, just root. what are you waiting for. soon droid will be forgotten, you should root or will be left in the dust .

Well, the Droid isn't going to be forgotten, we know that. They have already stated it is planned for Froyo this summer. It is the most popular Android device ever. Come on, now.

As for rooting, I have been thinking about it. But...I don't knowww...maybe. lol

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have 13 months left on my NE2. I previously had rooted my Droid, but I needed a replacement and haven't rooted since. I've been thinking about it again, but I think I will wait until after the 2.2 update. I know I could have it now by rooting, but I still like the phone enough the way it is to really care too much right now. I will probably root though before my NE2 is up..

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
With the N1 getting the rollout of the official froyo, do you think that fares well for the droid staying on track for a july release?

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
froyo a.k.a android 2.2 is officially available to nexus one buddy.. check this page.. and also check for an update from your phone.

Nexus One | News and Updates

Stalker, i think you misread my post. I had said with the nexus getting the official rollout (which i read on the homepage), does that look good for us droid owners (myself included) to get 2.2 in july as mentioned on the homepage last week.

Melon Bread

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
To Tell The Truth I Could Care less.
i mean The Source Is Released So Now I Have To Wait For A Better Custom Rom To Come Out Running Of The Source.
(Which by the way will be before Motto gives out Froyo XD)

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my pre-release froyo on the droid(rooted) and I love it. I haven't done any intensive flash(you have to download flash separately) testing but 2.2 runs fast and smooth and flash is a welcome addition to the family. I'm surprised everyone on AC isn't running it yet.

Android version 2.2
Baseband version C_01.3E.01P
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number FRF84B

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
FRF84B is pretty awesome, looks like the official build is starting to get to some users now too. Should be a fun couple of days with CyanogenMod looming and the final build on its way!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois