Before selling droid...

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Unforunately I'm moving back to ATT for the iphone. I'm going to port my number and my verizon account will be ended. I want to sell the droid on ebay. What I need help with is what do I do before I start the port process?

I want to make sure the phone is wiped of any personal info, but also that whomever purchases it, can reactivate with verizon.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
First, be sure to save anything on your SD card to your PC that you want to keep (photos,music, etc.).
Then- Settings>SD card>unmount SD card>format SD card

Next- Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset

This should entirely clear your phone. Good luck!

FWIW, I would probably keep the Droid for 30 days, just in case you have a lot of dropped calls with AT&T...just sayin'...

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Wait...how would he use the other phone if he signs up for the contract with AT&T? wouldn't keeping the phone be sorta irrelevant if he switches networks?

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect the money right after your auction ends. Paypal holds the money for electronics for nearly three weeks. Just to make sure you're not a scammer. Doesn't matter how long you've been signed up on eBay or if you have 100% feedback.

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect the money right after your auction ends. Paypal holds the money for electronics for nearly three weeks. Just to make sure you're not a scammer. Doesn't matter how long you've been signed up on eBay or if you have 100% feedback.

Right I'm aware of this. It's not a big issue, the main issue I have is not doing something wrong so the buyer can't activate the Droid on Verizon when they get it.

Thanks for the advice.

Oh, and no I'm not interested in fart apps.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wait...how would he use the other phone if he signs up for the contract with AT&T? wouldn't keeping the phone be sorta irrelevant if he switches networks?

When he switches he has a 30 Day trial with AT&T. He is recommending that he keep his Droid for 30 days just in case he hates AT&T service (which I am fairly certain he will). If he chooses to go back to VZW, he still has his device to reactivate service.

mudads

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

This isn't entirely true. I've sold many electronics on eBay over the years, and paypal has yet to do this to me. I just sold 2 iPhones on there last week, and they didn't hold a dime.

While I do know that they hold money for eBay auctions, your description isn't right. I just don't know what determines them holding money on a paid auction.

mudads

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Unforunately I'm moving back to ATT for the iphone. I'm going to port my number and my verizon account will be ended. I want to sell the droid on ebay. What I need help with is what do I do before I start the port process?

I want to make sure the phone is wiped of any personal info, but also that whomever purchases it, can reactivate with verizon.

I don't understand why you said unfortunately. If you don't want to get the iphone, why are you going back to at&t? Your post doesn't make sense, unless you are wanting the iphone and just want to look like you don't so that you can get information that you are looking for on the forum.

Either way, I wish you the best. I just left at&t after having them for 5 years. I was amazed when I made my first call on the verizon network. Night and day. I'll never go back to at&t. I dont care what phone they offer.

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why you said unfortunately. If you don't want to get the iphone, why are you going back to at&t? Your post doesn't make sense, unless you are wanting the iphone and just want to look like you don't so that you can get information that you are looking for on the forum.

Either way, I wish you the best. I just left at&t after having them for 5 years. I was amazed when I made my first call on the verizon network. Night and day. I'll never go back to at&t. I dont care what phone they offer.

Unfortunate because I really like Verizon as a network. I don't like Android for it's half-baked, unfriendly design, as well as the slow and often delayed updates.

F

fearmychickens

I don't like Android for it's half-baked, unfriendly design, as well as the slow and often delayed updates.

Wait, what? Android gets updates faster than any other platform, iPhone included. I like the iPhone but right now, I like Android better. Android is far from half baked. I recommend right now you go root your Droid, install the BB 2.2 ROM, get a good overclock kernel, and download Launcher Pro. I guarantee you will take back what you said about Android. :cool:

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry no. I'm not going to root, void my warranty and brick my phone. And also no, android the OS may get fast updates but will these updates make it to your device?

Droid may get 2.2 eventually but will it get 2.3 or beyond?

mudads

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunate because I really like Verizon as a network. I don't like Android for it's half-baked, unfriendly design, as well as the slow and often delayed updates.

I can agree with the network selection. But I disagree with your android statements. Everything I have read about android shows that Google is on top of updating it. You cant blame them if a carrier or manufacturer delays an update because they are suiting it for their needs.

I came from an iPhone, and there hasn't been an OS update in almost a year. Talk about delayed updates. Hope there aren't any bugs in iOS4, cause you will be waiting a couple months for a fix. I had an iPhone since they came out, and I remember one OS update that screwed up the ordering of text messages. Took apple well over a month (or two maybe?) to issue an update for something that should have been fixed within days of them releasing faulty software.

But to each his own. Good luck with at&t and whatever phone you choose. At least we all have choices we can make and don't have to be stuck with something that we don't like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21