how come when 2.1 came out we could do a manual update without root and now all the droid 2.2 builds you have to be rooted to update to and all the builds that are being posted have root i wish someone would post the real version without root
    06-30-2010 03:26 PM
    Because Froyo for the Droid hasn't been officially released yet.
    06-30-2010 03:55 PM
    how come when 2.1 came out we could do a manual update without root and now all the droid 2.2 builds you have to be rooted to update to and all the builds that are being posted have root i wish someone would post the real version without root
    You could do the manual update to 2.1 because Moto/Verizon had released the update. The 2.2 official update has not been officially released yet. The version leaked by motorola may not be the final, I don't know.
    06-30-2010 03:57 PM
    its because the version that has leaked out is directly from google (i.e. the bulid running on the nexus one), where as the official froyo update for droid that will be pushed OTA still needs to be put through approval by motorola/verizon.
    06-30-2010 03:57 PM
    ^^ dont want to sound like a d**k but the only phone that gets builds straight from google is the n1. this build is a test build for the motorola droid made by motorola
    06-30-2010 04:05 PM
    Don't do what I did with my eris and get stuck with a leak that you can't get rid of
    06-30-2010 04:06 PM
    Don't do what I did with my eris and get stuck with a leak that you can't get rid of
    As long as the leaked rom is rooted, you won't be stuck with anything.
    06-30-2010 04:17 PM
    ^^ dont want to sound like a d**k but the only phone that gets builds straight from google is the n1. this build is a test build for the motorola droid made by motorola
    my mistake. didnt know it came from moto.
    06-30-2010 04:24 PM
    im somewhat surprised it leaked so quickly. does anybody know if they deleted the little identifier watermark that can trace the leak back to the person who leaked it? if it wasn't deleted i would hate to be that guy haha
    06-30-2010 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD