If I Buy The Motorola Droid ?

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the price will go down A LOT with the release of the Motorola Droid X ? I have my mind set on the Droid, so I want that one. Also, will Wireless Tether that comes with FroYo be free or will Verizon FORCE a data plan with that?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The Droid can be purchased with a new 2 year activation relatively cheap now.

I just saw it was $99.00 at my local Costco with 2 year activation, and it's $0.01 with a 2 year plan at Amazon. ;)

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The Droid can be purchased with a new 2 year activation relatively cheap now.

I just saw it was $99.00 at my local Costco with 2 year activation, and it's $0.01 with a 2 year plan at Amazon. ;)

so If I buy it via Amazon, would I be able to use my annual upgrade to get the droid? & it isnt my upgrade, it is someone on my line though.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
if you're doing a tricky alternate upgrade, it's best to do it in a store somewhere. Best buy might have the ability to handle that transaction, and I know most premium retailers to.

I don't think the Droid's price will drop too much with the x coming out. the lowest I expect to see it before it's EOL'd is maybe 99,99 at corporate stores/premium retailers. Though best buy was selling it for $25

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
if you're doing a tricky alternate upgrade, it's best to do it in a store somewhere. Best buy might have the ability to handle that transaction, and I know most premium retailers to.

I don't think the Droid's price will drop too much with the x coming out. the lowest I expect to see it before it's EOL'd is maybe 99,99 at corporate stores/premium retailers. Though best buy was selling it for $25

so I should try Best Buy then ?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Depends on if they do alternate annual upgrades or not.

I just know that if you're doing something non-standard with your account like that, going through third party websites is just asking for trouble. (though amazon isn't nearly as bad as letstalk or wirefly)

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy has the same thing as regular Verizon stores. They just aren't a Verizon store, but they have the same access what the Verizon Stores get. But their prices are just cheaper.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
its 149 already

I thought I saw something on Engadget that Droid 1 was going to pretty much go to $149 instead of the $200 is has been.

Best Buy has the same thing as regular Verizon stores. They just aren't a Verizon store, but they have the same access what the Verizon Stores get. But their prices are just cheaper.

Yeah, but is it going to get lower when the Droid X comes?

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The price of the Droid will probably go down a lot when the Droid 2 is released. It's rumored to be comming out next month and will have a 1ghz processor with 512mb of ram. I'd personally wait and just get the droid 2 but yes the droid is going to be replaced soon so the price should go down.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jkfsr

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Walmart has the droid for 48.88. I got mine there on a different upgrade and they didn't have any problem doing it.

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Cellstores.com has it for 19.99. Verizon still says 149.99. For $20 I might get one just to play with untill the Fascinate comes out.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm just getting the Motorola Droid for now & then I'll take it back via 30 days when the Droid X comes back in stock. Think it's a good choice? :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital