New m.youtube.com not working on Droid

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to use the "amazing" and new m.YouTube.com with it's HQ button and HTML 5 web player and for some reason I cannot. Whenever I click on a video, it asks me if I want to use Skyfire or the YouTube app. I am not given an HQ button either. It plays like a standard YouTube video would in the app.

Have any of you Droid users gotten to use the new mobile site successfully? If so, how?

I'm running a stock Droid 2.1

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Works fine for me. running rooted 2.2 though, default browser. I'll have to try it on a friends (non-rooted) phone tomorrow.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't work fr me either.

My mistake. It does work on my stock Droid 2.1 using Dolphin HD. I didn't realize The icon I needed to press to get all the other icons.

The Fennec alpha version I have, OTOH, not so much. Don't see that initial icon and could never get a video to play. But that's an alpha version for you.

specularius

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
This is true, the HQ button does not show up on my stock Droid 1 with 2.1 update 1 ESE81, but does show up on my stock Nexus One with 2.2 FRF91. To get HQ on the Droid 1, I have to press play, then go to menu, more, watch in high quality.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This is true, the HQ button does not show up on my stock Droid 1 with 2.1 update 1 ESE81, but does show up on my stock Nexus One with 2.2 FRF91. To get HQ on the Droid 1, I have to press play, then go to menu, more, watch in high quality.

I'm pretty sure it's playing in the YouTube app on your Droid because that's how it works in the app: hitting menu and then more to get the HQ.

specularius

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's playing in the YouTube app on your Droid because that's how it works in the app: hitting menu and then more to get the HQ.

I agree with you. I was just pointing out that the HQ button shows up on the Nexus one with Froyo, but does not on the Droid with Eclair on the m.youtube.com page.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

That's true. I don't get the HQ button either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan