Anyway to play 3GP video? Keep getting videos from a friend with a blackberry...and I can't open the attachment. Any work-around??
    07-10-2010 10:23 PM
    I experienced this issue last night. I have the DX, and also a BB Tour, my wife also has the Tour. She sent me a video in email shot from her phone last night I saved it to video folder (Using Droidmail and OI File Manager) but doesn't even show up in Gallery. When I use OI I can find the file and open it, but playback is jerky and it freezes after a few seconds. I can move the slider bar past that point and it will play then stick.

I played some more with trying to get it to work, I transferred using Bluetooth from my Tour which allowed it to be seen in Gallery, but playback still the same lag and stick. I made sure to try it after killing tasks but no difference. Videos that were taken with my BB that I copied over are doing the same thing, very laggy and play usually about halfway then stick, so transferring from computer doesn't work either. Any ideas anybody?

Just tried sending as mms instead of email. It plays, but with no sound. Tried taking new video with BB then mms to DX and same results.
    07-21-2010 01:09 PM
    Try this: RockPlayer (sorry, no links because of stupid rules :[ )

I haven't run across a video this won't play
    07-21-2010 04:10 PM
    Yeah but what if it won't even download because the phone can't play it back? There are plenty of 3gp players out there, but none of them help if I can't even download the attachment.

Any suggestions on what to do about this? (Im on a Pro)
    11-23-2010 09:34 PM
    Doesn't Vplayer(alpha) play 3gp video files?

Edit: sorry I missed the attachment part. If it's gmail, then you need to use the web interface rather than the app. If it's in an MMS(or non gmail) then forward the message to your gmail account and use the web interface to download.
    11-24-2010 09:12 AM
    i tried that. the phone itself would say "download unsuccessful" when trying to download it from the web interface and "file unsupported" when trying to dl from the gmail app. Both didn't even give me an opportunity to save.
    11-26-2010 08:38 AM
    I have the same problem, every time I recieve 3gp files from gmail there is no option to download. If I open gmail from the browser it allows me to download, but then says the file format is invalid. Makes no sense as the videos I record on my phone are 3gp files. I have a rooted Motorola milestone XT720 running 2.1 on Wind mobility in Canada. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-14-2011 02:40 PM
    Anybody?

Sent from my Motorola XT720 using Tapatalk
    01-25-2011 10:09 AM
    I used Opera "Mobile" in desktop mode to download the 3gp file from my email.
    09-18-2011 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD