Has anybody else noticed that when using the GPS/Sat. the phone gets very hot.
    for example if i'm messing around any GPS apps and the little satellite symbol is lit up, my phone gets really warm./hot
    if I'm not using that, it's room temp/cool.

edit : sorry this should be in the motorola droid X forum. pls move
    07-21-2010 03:21 PM
    its actually probably fine here. its a pretty common occurrence on most android phones
    07-21-2010 06:01 PM
    it isn't anything you did. GPS is a very hardware heavy function for an android device and you phone isn't 100% efficient so it produces heat. But since GPS is so demanding, it produces a lot more heat. all the while more heat makes the hardware even less efficient. so in general battery life just stinks when using GPS.
    07-21-2010 09:19 PM
    Try charging your phone while getting GPS directions while streaming Pandora to your cars stereo!

Then you'll know what heat is
    07-21-2010 09:20 PM
    Has anybody else noticed that when using the GPS/Sat. the phone gets very hot.
    Yup.
    07-22-2010 09:20 AM
    It's the screen while you're running all of it. I turn it off while driving until I want to check something, and it cools right down.
    07-22-2010 09:50 AM
    Try charging your phone while getting GPS directions while streaming Pandora to your cars stereo!

Then you'll know what heat is
    I've done this, and yeah it gets incredibly hot. But it was chugging along nicely until I got a text message and froze up.
    07-23-2010 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD