Newbie with a droid...

ahmedh2001

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am of course new to the whole Android platform and world. I have been a Blackberry storm/storm 2 user since the original storm came out for verizon. I like Blackberry's advanced system very much but am intrigued by the massive power of the Android market. I recently happened upon a Motorola Droid, just happened to find it abandoned on the grass! Unbelievable, still had the 16gb sd card inside too! No battery cover or battery but I have since ordered them. I dont think I will be switching my number to activate my newfound droid but was wondering if I could play around with it in other ways. I managed to connect it to the wall charger (storm 2 chargers work the same way, microusb) managed to do a hard reset, blanked the phone, wifi works, etc...I know there is a software upgrade (android 2.2) coming out in the summer, but besides that, what else can I do with the Droid, or what do you guys suggest I do? I really would like to keep this phone around for its capabilities other than a mobile phone.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
First, I would take it to Verizon to return it.

Secondly, it should work on WiFi just fine.

I would do the right thing if I were you.

ahmedh2001

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The previous owner has since switched the number since it was deactivated, I do plan on giving it back but am pretty enticed with this thing. I just want to see what it can do before I send it back.

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
The previous owner has since switched the number since it was deactivated, I do plan on giving it back but am pretty enticed with this thing. I just want to see what it can do before I send it back.
i wouldn't give it back to them i would sell it back to them. for 600 bux or if they sign a 2 year contract 200 bux but they have to pay 100 bux a month for 2 years and a 400 dollar etf

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
...found it on the grass? Riiiiiigggghhhhttttt. Just sitting there all alone. Poor defenseless Droid without a home. :-(

What a savior you are to rescue it!!!!

So really...which friend of yours did you swipe it from? They're gonna be pissed when they find out it was you.

ahmedh2001

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Haha honest I found it! I was walking along near my store and I just saw it there on the grass! I was like no way...Only one friend I know has a droid, the rest are following HTC religiously.The edges are really bad Like scraping a phone edge against the sidewalk hardly a couple of times, beyond scuff marks. I dont think anyone would want to buy it with the kind of scratches this thing has, it almost cut me. I have rescued this poor soul from bugs and being a dogs chew toy! I am such a good person :)

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Haha honest I found it! I was walking along near my store and I just saw it there on the grass! I was like no way...Only one friend I know has a droid, the rest are following HTC religiously.The edges are really bad Like scraping a phone edge against the sidewalk hardly a couple of times, beyond scuff marks. I dont think anyone would want to buy it with the kind of scratches this thing has, it almost cut me. I have rescued this poor soul from bugs and being a dogs chew toy! I am such a good person :)

Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac