OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is very good news! But because of past updates *cough* 2.1- i'll believe it when i see it :)

If it does actually come then it will be awesome!

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk

California_iPad

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
WOW!
They finally release it the week that my upgrade date is, I guess Ill get my Froyo then order or pick up my Incredible (If they have it in stock)

swiftsam

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I was so close to rooting and modding again yesterday, and then I thought that if I did the official 2.2 would come out for sure. I'm not sure if I'm proven right or not now. Either way, I'm happy

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I ran the leaked Vzw ROM today. It was fine. I was able to download the wifi tether and it ran BUT I am rooted so not sure how that figures in. I do not want the OTA update as I am running over clocked on 2.2 now with bb .4 and didn't see anything extra in the Vzw release. Rom manager rules.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

G

GenericMessage

Hmmm I wonder if we will get mobile hotspot??? (if the droid can do that, been off the forums a while sorry)

If it does it'll cost ya!

No way Verizon would hand that kinda goodies out for free.

But to be honest, after I got 2.1, I kinda stopped caring about the updates, yeah 2.2 will be neat. But I am sure they'll leave out the new launcher/multiple home screens/ free wifi-hotspot

Not that they'd ever leave us out of a full update! *cough*

UPDATE:

I am a big poo!

Looks like we'll be getting the 5 home screens/new launcher/ BT dialing/ remote wipe/ all the other typical 2.2 updates. But still no mention of WIFI tether. SHOCKER!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair