OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

wahuff

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice that the ringer cannot be set completely off, with the volume buttons, any longer with Froyo? It will only go as low as vibrate . The only way I see to do it now is holding the power button and choosing "Silent Mode".

Thoughts?

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice that the ringer cannot be set completely off, with the volume buttons, any longer with Froyo? It will only go as low as vibrate . The only way I see to do it now is holding the power button and choosing "Silent Mode".

Thoughts?

Yea - just noticing that now that you said it. Ive only had to shut phone ringer off once since update and i guess i just didnt notice it was on vibrate. Doesnt bother me too much other than the fact it doesnt make much sense. ( UI refinements that seem like a step backwards is a pet peeve ).

samdroid

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea - just noticing that now that you said it. Ive only had to shut phone ringer off once since update and i guess i just didnt notice it was on vibrate. Doesnt bother me too much other than the fact it doesnt make much sense. ( UI refinements that seem like a step backwards is a pet peeve ).

I use a free app called "ring toggle" that lets me set my phone to "silent mode", among other things.

Note: I'm not affiliated to "ring toggle" in any way, other than being a user.

DroidNJ

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Huge Lag On Home Screen

Ever since updating to 2.2, my Droid's home screen has a HUGE lag before popping up. This happens whenever I change the orientation of the screen from landscape to portrait, or vice versa, or even just unlocking the phone. Anyone else having issues with this? All I see is the wallpaper for a good 5 seconds, when on 2.1 is was extremely fast. Any suggestions? If no one else is having this issue, I guess it may be one of the widgets. Thanks.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that the Droid must reload all the widgets to the home screen every time you change the orientation. You can delete the widgets one by one and turn it to see which one is causing the problem, and perhaps you could move that widget to one of the other screens (Actually, I don't know if that will work because I don't know if the widgets are all loaded every time, even on the screens that don't show.)

jkfsr

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
What! Your home screen rotates. Mine hasn't from day one with 2.1 or now with2.2. Auto rotate screen checked, works with everything else but not on home screen. Am I missing a setting?

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ever since updating to 2.2, my Droid's home screen has a HUGE lag before popping up. This happens whenever I change the orientation of the screen from landscape to portrait, or vice versa, or even just unlocking the phone. Anyone else having issues with this? All I see is the wallpaper for a good 5 seconds, when on 2.1 is was extremely fast. Any suggestions? If no one else is having this issue, I guess it may be one of the widgets. Thanks.

Mine too! I thought I was the only one because I hadn't read of anyone else having the problem til now. :( I'm afraid one day the screen is gonna go blank and not come back. I didn't have this problem with 2.1 either. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Mine is doing the same thing since the update. Not only that but I have had to do 2 battery pulls since the update.

The first one cause the phone froze when I was using the keyboard. The second one because Pandora and Slacker both stopped working on my phone.

2.2 is ticking me off.

G

GenericMessage

Mine is doing the same thing since the update. Not only that but I have had to do 2 battery pulls since the update.

The first one cause the phone froze when I was using the keyboard. The second one because Pandora and Slacker both stopped working on my phone.

2.2 is ticking me off.

Mine too! I thought I was the only one because I hadn't read of anyone else having the problem til now. :( I'm afraid one day the screen is gonna go blank and not come back. I didn't have this problem with 2.1 either. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Just perform a factory reset. That is what fixed mine and countless others.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset? Oh man is that really what I'm gonna have to do? I wouldn't mind if this were a blackberry and I could use DM to put all my data back! Let me look through the forums for the proper or best way to back my phone up!

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset? Oh man is that really what I'm gonna have to do? I wouldn't mind if this were a blackberry and I could use DM to put all my data back! Let me look through the forums for the proper or best way to back my phone up!

pretty sure your phone does that automatically, yea you'll lose some texts but nothing on your sd card and your apps and contacts come back in froyo

G

GenericMessage

No need. Your phone does it automatically!

All your apps? In the market under downloads.

All your SD card contents? Left untouched.

The only thing you will miss is the texts and call log.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No need. Your phone does it automatically!

All your apps? In the market under downloads.

All your SD card contents? Left untouched.

The only thing you will miss is the texts and call log.

You and WAM were correct! I just wanted my screen layouts to be saved. I tried backup pro but it said I didn't have enough space to store and backup, which was weird but its fine. It was like getting a new phone again! The first few days there wasn't a lag between screens but it's back again. I got the update Big Red sent out too, but it was happening before that. I don't mind too much, I mean overall my phone works great! It makes phone calls, sends and receives messages and I can surf the net so I'm happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol