Invisible shield

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered it as well, hopefully it's as nice as the carbon case I have on my touch, but then again that case cost me $35+

Let us know how that one is with the keyboard out. I actually liked the Verizon one, but it interfered with me using the top row of keys. I guess any case is gonna do that a little though.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Will do. Still waiting for it to arrive, but hoping it doesn't interfer too much although I kinda enjoy the soft keyboard a lil more :D But that's probably just my Storm habbits dying hard lol.

salukibrandon

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I've applied many of these to my and others phones. I had one on my Curve and Bold and now I have one on my Droid. My wife has one on her iPhone. In my opinion, there is no better protection than this one. I love how they feel and also love that they don't have many finger prints show up. I would highly recommend the IS. I really don't think it hinders one bit with the sensitivity of the touchscreen.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Let us know how that one is with the keyboard out. I actually liked the Verizon one, but it interfered with me using the top row of keys. I guess any case is gonna do that a little though.

+1. Please post your reviews of this case. I am still searching for one.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I have the full body Zagg on my Hero, can't say enough good about it. being a pocket carrier I tend to scratch the heck out of phones. Had it installed in by the dude at the local mall, one good thing about Zagg, if you have to exchange your phone for any reason, just pull off the invisible shield and take it along with your new phone (must be the same model), and they'll install a new shield free.

DroidRage

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I bought the invisible shield but I used the phone for a day with out it so I could compare. The screen is a little more responsive without the shield and it is harder to slide your finger across the screen, the invisible adds a little friction with your finger. With that said otherwise the shield is great it protects the screen perfectly, which is ultimately what I was trying to do.

elementfire180#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I had ghost Armor on my Storm before I switched to the Droid. I loved it and never had any problems with the touch sensitivity. It didn't add any bulk and slid in and out of the standard BB case that I had just fine. I hate it when my phone gets scratched and this was an amazing product! i just want to wait and see how it does on the Droid before I get it.

Skitals

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I've got the full Case-Mate protector on my droid. Applied with zero bubbles (use a lot of the solution). Its in about 10 parts, so takes a long time to apply properly. Touch screen isn't quite as smooth... I was thinking about trying some car wax on the protector. Overall, not bad. I don't plan on using a case. Fits in the multimedia dock and car mount just fine.

Mohawk3

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I put the "screen only" phantom skinz on my Droid. It is optically clear (at least to me) and I have not noticed any difference in touch sensitivity.

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I used the PhantomSkinz on my Storm and loved it. I would really like to get the PhantomSkinz for my new Droid, but has anyone tried used any of these skins with the charging cradle? I know on the Storm some of the brands of skins were barely to thick and the phone wouldnt fit in the cradle.

eljoker

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
i got the shield on mine and it was a p i t a to put on but i like the fact that fingerprints are virtally no exisistant anymore

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have the PhantomSkinz screen only on mine and it's much better than the Invisible Shield. When I first got my Droid I had BB put on an IS but they got a huge hair underneath it somehow and I didn't like the texture of it, it was too rubbery. I ordered the PS screen only and applied it myself and it turned out great! It's clear coated so it doesn't feel like the Invisible Shield and it really does repair itself. I've had some deep scratches on it that I thought would never go away that disappeared after a day or two. PhantomSkinz are also much cheaper than the IS so I'd definitely recommend going with them. My application hint is to do it in a bathroom with the shower on so the humidity picks up all the dust in the air and it doesn't end up under your screen protector, also use a can of compressed air and a cotton ball and alcohol to clean it before applying.

evanthx

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I got mine installed at the mall, MUCH easier and no bubbles. I asked him if he had some extra scraps before I did as I was worried about touch sensitivity changing, and he did and I put some on half the screen and left half the screen as it was, and I could not see a difference in touch sensitivity between the half with the shield and the half without the shield.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I dont recommend these.. they just get dirty and peel off. My friend had one. It'll protect your droid from scuffs but if you drop it, it's not going to save it. Just get a case and there are many to choose from. I have a clear plastic case on mine that i got from the VZW store and its worked great. It adds a little bulk and might get a little dusty from being in my pockets but other then that its been amazing..

jstkdn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I was goimg to get an invisible shield for my Droid but they were sold out at the kiosk at the mall. I have the snap on silicone one from VzW but when I have it on my Droid won't fit in my media or car dock....I'm concerned about the sensitivity of the screen with an IS....hmmmm....decisions decisions....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20