Picture message limitation

Noseeums

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks,

Is there a universal picture size limitation for MMS among all the carriers? If I take a picture at 2.0MP and send it to via MMS it seems to always reach it's destination, but if I send one that was taken at 5.0MP it never seems to make it.

I was under the impression that when sending a text with a picture attached Droid converts the image to be sendable. Is this not correct?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I have not had this happen to me actually. Every time I attach a picture it says it is compressing the image. You are getting that message correct?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I'm getting that message.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you. Are you sending to other Verizon users or another carrier? If it's another carrier that is not Verizon's fault more so the 3rd party company that delivers the messages between carriers...

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
i know this is off topic but i wanted to see if everyone else is getting it. when you send a message over 160 characters are you also receiving a message from verizon stating its over the limit in characters used. its not annoying cause i just delete it but is there a way to stop receiving it?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
i know this is off topic but i wanted to see if everyone else is getting it. when you send a message over 160 characters are you also receiving a message from verizon stating its over the limit in characters used. its not annoying cause i just delete it but is there a way to stop receiving it?

A friend of mine is getting that but only when he sends messages over 160 character to Sprint users.

slikone27

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

Not happened to me yet but I think I read that if you send one over 160 to someone that is not on verizon the droid sends it as an MMS message. I believe they are going to fix this in an update.

Noseeums

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well I figured it out. I was experiencing a bug with the messaging software. Apparently, if you have a parentheses around the area code for a contact in the Contacts and try to send a MMS you will get an error saying, "Invalid Address". The bug only effects MMS, not SMS. This is a known problem and is supposedly being fixed with the Decemeber 11th targeted update.

There is a way to fix this yourself for now though. Follow these steps. It worked for me.

1. Edit the contact in your Contacts and delete the parentheses around the area code. Also, make sure there isn't a space before the number or in-between any numbers. It should look just like this: 123-456-7890

2. Open the Messaging application and delete the entire thread of the contact you just edited.

3. Slide out the keyboard and perform a soft-reset. Just press Shift-Alt-Del. The Shift key is the little up arrow with a line on top of it. The phone will reboot. You will not lose any settings or files because this is just a soft reset.

Once your phone has rebooted open the Messaging app and send a new MMS message to the contact you previously had trouble with. If you were experiencing the "Invalid Address" bug then it should be working now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool