I just found this. It is pretty amazing.
    11-13-2009 03:08 PM
    Yep! Bookmarked! Good find!
    11-13-2009 03:11 PM
    Just found this of the best QR code generator you will ever see. Apparently it's already really big in Japan. I'd guess it's only a matter of time until they start popping up in advertisements and such in the US.
    11-13-2009 06:35 PM
    Just found this of the best QR code generator you will ever see. Apparently it's already really big in Japan. I'd guess it's only a matter of time until they start popping up in advertisements and such in the US.
    That's insane! Lol. Did you try to scan it? I couldn't get it to work lol.
    11-13-2009 06:45 PM
    That's insane! Lol. Did you try to scan it? I couldn't get it to work lol.
    I got it to work, but for right now can't think of a use for myself.

iphone users have a barcode reader app, don't they? Does it get a lot of use in Apple World?
    11-13-2009 06:55 PM
    I got it to work, but for right now can't think of a use for myself.

iphone users have a barcode reader app, don't they? Does it get a lot of use in Apple World?
    not that i've seen. they haven't done anything like the application codes that android market has, which i find really useful
    11-13-2009 07:34 PM
    Yeah. I have no idea why the online version of Android Market doesn't (1) include search or (2) have QR code images with every app.
    11-17-2009 10:37 PM
    at least we can go to sites like androlib and they have QR codes for everything on there.

it's surprising that the official site sucks so much
    11-17-2009 11:18 PM
    For Android Market links, there is also a specific Android qr code generator at rittr.com / tools
    10-30-2010 05:06 AM
    I have found a few QR-code generators that work fairly well in transferring the information from my business card to the "People" app and inserting it into the applicable fields. However, so far all of them have put the street address, city, state and zip code in the street address field in "People". Is there a free QR-code generator that inserts all of the information into the correct fields?

Several QR-code generators only have one or two address fields. qrstuff.com has separate fields but still has the same problem of inserting all of the address info into one field.

The fields I think would be necessary for a business card would be:
    First Name
    Last Name
    Telephone Number
    Email Address
    Website Address
    Organization
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip/Postcode
    Country

I would like to have the QR-code on the back of my business card for clients to be able to quickly scan and save me in their contacts.
    11-22-2010 04:57 AM
    I have a QR code for my clients as well. I put it on my business card, on my website, and in ht email signature.

I haven't explored it fully yet, and I am sure there are plenty of other options I am overlooking. But any advice on the best use of this tech would be awesome!
    11-27-2010 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD