Wow - Just got the Droid for 3 days now - Question

BerrySquasher

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
1. Will it get pinch n zoom?

2. What is the difference between the Eris? -

If Eris gets 2.0 and I dislike this keyboard - is there a difference in phones?

Thx!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
1) I don't foresee it getting pinch to zoom legitimately (as in, I don't think it will come with an update. More likely it will be added by rooting the phone and tinkering).

2) If you dislike the keyboard and the eris gets 2.0 then the differences are physical size. Lack of keyboard. I'm not sure if the processors are the same. The battery life on the eris was worse in my experience (but i'm not sure if 2.0 is the reason for such excellent power management). Because the eris is done through HTC updates would have to come through them. Since the droid is basic the OS updates just have to get through verizon.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The processors aren't the same, nor are the graphics. When the Eris gets 2.0, it won't be as fast or 'powerful'. The screen is also much nicer on the droid. If these are big issues for you, and the keyboard is a big deal, then wait for the HTC passion. It's 'supposeded' to be on par with the droid as far as performance, but it's form factor is similar to the Eris, and its supposed to come with 2.0. No solid date on a release for it though, some say weeks and some say months.

BerrySquasher

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
thx - I love the Droid and I dumped the ATT IPHONE - love this thing , I don't think I would give it up for P & Z - Passion sounds enticing , but something about Motorola says this is a well built device.

As good as the Eis is for $99 it felt cheap - just my opinion.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
No, but I thought for the common consumer (people who don't regularly read these tech blogs) it was a pretty good phone. For example, my friend uses a bb curve and she liked the eris a lot. She is due for an upgrade and will likely get an eris instead of another bb and she said its because she likes the physical design of the eris. I would tend to agree with its soft rubber back, smooth curves, and light weight. The droid to me just screams POWER USER.