11-17-2010 09:14 PM
63 123
tools
    1)

5) I used the desktop browser setting to use hulu, worked great.
    How? I tried it with both the regular browser and Skyfire.
    08-04-2010 03:16 PM
    How? I tried it with both the regular browser and Skyfire.
    Assuming you have Froyo already up and running...

1) Download and install flash from the link in this post:
    androidcentral.com/hands-froyo-motorola-droid#comments

2) Go to this post and follow the directions to change how the browser looks to websites:
    androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/28642-how-change-user-agent-string-setting-stock-android-browser.html

3) Go to HULU and enjoy.
    08-04-2010 03:41 PM
    Purchased this Droid used, so not sure of it's history... That being said, I'm having trouble installing 2.2.

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 screen loads on power up while holding "X"

Don't get the "!" icon to appear

Tell the phone to "apply sdcard: update.zip

Verifying current system and assert fails: apply_patch_check " /system/app/Facebook.apk"

"Error in /sdcard/update.zip"
    "(Status 7)"
    "Installation aborted."

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE???

Thanks,
    -GNRPowdeR
    08-04-2010 04:02 PM
    name the file update and not update.zip
    08-04-2010 04:24 PM
    lawl.

Name update update.zip

I cannot tell you how many people said this! haha

And I bet a ton of people renamed it update.zip

lol .zip.zip
    08-04-2010 04:27 PM
    Since it's a .zip file, shouldn't it show up as "update.zip"???

Or am I missing something?
    08-04-2010 04:41 PM
    Since it's a .zip file, shouldn't it show up as "update.zip"???

Or am I missing something?
    In Astro, it will just say "Update" . but it really is update.zip.
    08-04-2010 04:50 PM
    Assuming you have Froyo already up and running...

1) Download and install flash from the link in this post:
    androidcentral.com/hands-froyo-motorola-droid#comments

2) Go to this post and follow the directions to change how the browser looks to websites:
    androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/28642-how-change-user-agent-string-setting-stock-android-browser.html

3) Go to HULU and enjoy.
    Did it and said Hulu does not support the platform. Same thing on the Desktop setting on Skyfire
    08-04-2010 04:51 PM
    I...I don't feel...comfortable forcing my Droid to...to take anything...*sniffle*...
    Um it's not really the best description. All you are doing is manually downloading the SAME OFFICIAL update file that they are pushing, just not waiting for it to be pushed. I've done this for 3 upgrades now and have not had a problem.
    08-04-2010 05:14 PM
    Um it's not really the best description. All you are doing is manually downloading the SAME OFFICIAL update file that they are pushing, just not waiting for it to be pushed. I've done this for 3 upgrades now and have not had a problem.
    I kinda think he was joking
    08-04-2010 10:05 PM
    Purchased this Droid used, so not sure of it's history... That being said, I'm having trouble installing 2.2.

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 screen loads on power up while holding "X"

Don't get the "!" icon to appear

Tell the phone to "apply sdcard: update.zip

Verifying current system and assert fails: apply_patch_check " /system/app/Facebook.apk"

"Error in /sdcard/update.zip"
    "(Status 7)"
    "Installation aborted."

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE???

Thanks,
    -GNRPowdeR
    Anyone??? Bueller???
    08-05-2010 09:33 PM
    Anyone??? Bueller???
    It's probably nothing to do with your phone. From the looks of things Android saw something wrong with the OS file and aborted. Maybe it got corrupted? I would download the file again, or possibly find a link to the original file on Google's servers and download that, then rename and move it.
    08-06-2010 12:28 AM
    OK, I did the 2.2 update...it all appeared to go fine. Came up and works...I like what I see...however, I am seeing:

[INDENT] The OS frequently freezes when I launch.

[INDENT] Sometimes the screen goes black and the only thing I can do is pull the battery and reboot.

[INDENT] I ran the BenchmarkPi test and came in at 3319 Milliseconds...the fastest Droid came in at 379 Milliseconds...

I've also tried to move a number of programs over to the SC card, but find that most will not move...also a disappointment.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going wrong?

Tom
    08-06-2010 07:25 PM
    Help please. I forced the update on my phone - it is working great thanks to the fabulous instructions.

I downloaded the flash apk to my computer. I was going to transfer to my sd card. Can somewhere tell me which directory I should put it in and how to install? Not completely sure how to do this.

Also, I have swype and it is not working. Anyone have great instructions/links for getting it back up and going?

Thanks!
    08-07-2010 01:34 PM
    I just updated my phone and am regretting it. Am I the only one getting VERY SLOW performance on their Droid after this update? It's just awful. Any suggestions?

Edit: Doing a bit better after a 2nd reboot. The (Default) Launcher definitely seems slower though...
    08-07-2010 01:40 PM
    I have the same problem...pretty slow...also tends to lock up on occasion. I'm running the benchmarkpi benchmark test...not very impressive. I agree that it does seem to run a bit faster after a while...but certainly not faster than 2.1.
    08-07-2010 11:03 PM
    i know this is prolly a lame question - but my friend is running the stock rom with root. he wants to update, but will he lose root? I'm on a custom rom so I'm embarrassingly unsure about this... 0_o
    08-08-2010 03:48 PM
    i know this is prolly a lame question - but my friend is running the stock rom with root. he wants to update, but will he lose root? I'm on a custom rom so I'm embarrassingly unsure about this... 0_o
    if your friend is rooted then uses the official verizon update he will 99.99% defiantly lose root
    08-08-2010 11:13 PM
    I've noticed that 2.2 can be faster than 2.1 in some areas, but unless I reboot every couple of days, things tend to slow back down. Here are my pros and cons so far:

Pros:
    * Gallery actually shows pics and vids that you just took. With 2.1, I would have to wait hours or use Astro File Browser in order to get the gallery to recognize new pics/vids.
    * I guess it's faster . . .
    * 5 homescreens with stock launcher.

Cons:
    * Random slowness and freezing.
    * Swiping between home screens half way works in stock launcher.
    * No task killers that really work with 2.2.

I'm really curious if it would be better to just root my Droid and run a custom 2.2-based ROM. I just want speed and compatibility with apps.
    08-09-2010 09:27 AM
    Is there a way to go back to 2.1, if I pushed the ota version on 2.2 that was posted earlier last week? I would rather wait for the update then deal with the bugginess of this version of 2.2
    08-09-2010 10:37 PM
    if your friend is rooted then uses the official verizon update he will 99.99% defiantly lose root
    Then just re-root, 2.2 is 100% rootable
    08-12-2010 06:02 PM
    If I manually force OFFICIAL 2.2 update will it wipe my phone? Like a factory reset?
    08-15-2010 12:15 AM
    Sorry if this hs been posted already (I didn't see it anywhere), but what happened to the alarm clock? It was there on 2.1, I forced 2.2 and the alarm clock is gone.
    I know there are many in the Market, but I'm curious why it's gone.
    08-15-2010 01:15 AM
    Sorry if this hs been posted already (I didn't see it anywhere), but what happened to the alarm clock? It was there on 2.1, I forced 2.2 and the alarm clock is gone.
    I know there are many in the Market, but I'm curious why it's gone.
    It's now built into the clock and it's called, well, "clock".
    08-15-2010 02:18 AM
    It's now built into the clock and it's called, well, "clock".
    Yep but one thing I noticed is that when the phone is in the dock it no longer leaves the dock clock/weather/etc screen up the whole time. It goes into a screen saver mode with a digital date and time appearing and disappearing in various places on the screen.
    08-15-2010 05:18 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD