Force the Froyo OTA to your Droid now!

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
New point:

Does anyone else know how to customize the dock on the homescreen's?
Very annoying that the browser is one of the defaults.

Try AppLauncher Pro, you can completely customize the dock and put whatever you want on there. You can have up to 7 homescreens, and they are developing their own scrollable widgets. You can even have multiple docks that you swipe back and forth. Excellent program. Well worth the donation via paypal for the Pro Version. There is also a free version, just not with the newest updates.

G

GenericMessage

Try AppLauncher Pro, you can completely customize the dock and put whatever you want on there. You can have up to 7 homescreens, and they are developing their own scrollable widgets. You can even have multiple docks that you swipe back and forth. Excellent program. Well worth the donation via paypal for the Pro Version. There is also a free version, just not with the newest updates.

Yeah.....had it before 2.2, got rid of it when I got 2.2 in hopes of not having to replace my entire home experience for ONE icon.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Mixed review

1) I had to uninstall Swype to get it to work properly. Now it works.

2) Vlingo (1.4.1) kept crashing and I had to uninstall and reinstall that as well. It hasn't crased (yet) since I did that.

3) I am disappointed that the gallery does not have the draggable flying folders like 2.2 on the N1.

4) My apps and phone seem a bit buggy since this install, I am not all that crazy about it so far. I hope it stabilizes a bit with use.

5) I used the desktop browser setting to use hulu, worked great.

djengh

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
2.2 update

Works great! Thanks all! only problem I had was I had the droid x keyboard loaded and when I re-booted, the keyboard must not have been able to load. I just kept closing it untill the phone got done doing its thing and went and disabled it in keyboard settings. flash works awesome!

Thanks again for the post.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hulu

How? I tried it with both the regular browser and Skyfire.

Assuming you have Froyo already up and running...

1) Download and install flash from the link in this post:
androidcentral.com/hands-froyo-motorola-droid#comments

2) Go to this post and follow the directions to change how the browser looks to websites:
androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/28642-how-change-user-agent-string-setting-stock-android-browser.html

3) Go to HULU and enjoy.

GNRPowdeR

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Purchased this Droid used, so not sure of it's history... That being said, I'm having trouble installing 2.2.

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 screen loads on power up while holding "X"

Don't get the "!" icon to appear

Tell the phone to "apply sdcard: update.zip

Verifying current system and assert fails: apply_patch_check " /system/app/Facebook.apk"

"Error in /sdcard/update.zip"
"(Status 7)"
"Installation aborted."

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE???

Thanks,
-GNRPowdeR

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you have Froyo already up and running...

1) Download and install flash from the link in this post:
androidcentral.com/hands-froyo-motorola-droid#comments

2) Go to this post and follow the directions to change how the browser looks to websites:
androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/28642-how-change-user-agent-string-setting-stock-android-browser.html

3) Go to HULU and enjoy.

Did it and said Hulu does not support the platform. Same thing on the Desktop setting on Skyfire

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I...I don't feel...comfortable forcing my Droid to...to take anything...*sniffle*...

Um it's not really the best description. All you are doing is manually downloading the SAME OFFICIAL update file that they are pushing, just not waiting for it to be pushed. I've done this for 3 upgrades now and have not had a problem.

G

GenericMessage

Um it's not really the best description. All you are doing is manually downloading the SAME OFFICIAL update file that they are pushing, just not waiting for it to be pushed. I've done this for 3 upgrades now and have not had a problem.

I kinda think he was joking ;)

GNRPowdeR

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Still Hoping For A Clue Card...

Purchased this Droid used, so not sure of it's history... That being said, I'm having trouble installing 2.2.

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 screen loads on power up while holding "X"

Don't get the "!" icon to appear

Tell the phone to "apply sdcard: update.zip

Verifying current system and assert fails: apply_patch_check " /system/app/Facebook.apk"

"Error in /sdcard/update.zip"
"(Status 7)"
"Installation aborted."

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE???

Thanks,
-GNRPowdeR

Anyone??? Bueller??? :p

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone??? Bueller??? :p

It's probably nothing to do with your phone. From the looks of things Android saw something wrong with the OS file and aborted. Maybe it got corrupted? I would download the file again, or possibly find a link to the original file on Google's servers and download that, then rename and move it.

tpilkington

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Slowwwww

OK, I did the 2.2 update...it all appeared to go fine. Came up and works...I like what I see...however, I am seeing:

The OS frequently freezes when I launch.

Sometimes the screen goes black and the only thing I can do is pull the battery and reboot.

I ran the BenchmarkPi test and came in at 3319 Milliseconds...the fastest Droid came in at 379 Milliseconds...

I've also tried to move a number of programs over to the SC card, but find that most will not move...also a disappointment.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going wrong?

Tom:(

iberrychick

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Help please. I forced the update on my phone - it is working great thanks to the fabulous instructions.

I downloaded the flash apk to my computer. I was going to transfer to my sd card. Can somewhere tell me which directory I should put it in and how to install? Not completely sure how to do this.

Also, I have swype and it is not working. Anyone have great instructions/links for getting it back up and going?

Thanks!

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just updated my phone and am regretting it. Am I the only one getting VERY SLOW performance on their Droid after this update? It's just awful. Any suggestions?

Edit: Doing a bit better after a 2nd reboot. The (Default) Launcher definitely seems slower though...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol