Android Central Exclusive Video: Froyo Running on Motorola Droid

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil Nickinson just posted this video demoing Froyo on the Droid. I kind of miss my original Droid ;)

He did get some pretty low linpack scores and flash isn't working. Quadrant scores look good, but also look a little suspect. He also noted that USB tethering is in there.

What do you guys think?

crazylegz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
yes vzw did say they were not going to have USB tethering but you can have it from them at a cost on about $25 a month. if you are ROOTED you can also go into the Market and Install WIRED TETHER FOR ROOT USERS then you can usb tether for FREE!!!

suegmc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Flash 10.1 is not in Froyo and I can't download it

As I watched Phil's video I also tried to download Flash onto my Motorola Droid and it is not in the marketplace.
So I went to the Adobe website where there is actually a download button for 10.1 to download from your Droid:
**labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html#android]Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player 10 Prereleases**

The link did not work and gave me an error "The requested item could not be found".

Have they taken back 10.1 and now we cannot download it?

I am really disappointed since I really wanted Froyo for 2 reasons
1) wifi hotspot (which was taken away from us) to run my iPad (I couldn't wait until google came out with a tablet!)
2) Flash - I use it all the time when I teach. Most of the websites I need for teaching require Flash, so this is important to me especially since my iPad will NOT run Flash!

Does anyone know what happened to Flash 10.1 beta??

I hope we can get it soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11