froyo problem

gtshouse

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you rebooted again since the reboot immediately following the 2.2 installation? Try turning the phone off then back on again.

mediocre inc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
did the reboot and it didn't work. i "forgot" my home wireless and typed in my password and still no love. is god punishing me for not having the patients to wait the couple extra days?
i sideloaded the flashplayer so i'll play with that for awhile and try again in the morning.

mediocre inc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
the wi fi still is not working.
if i do the factory reset, that wipes out everything even the sd card?
i have alot of movies and tv show on the sd. i can back those up easily. what about saved data from my games?
is there an easy way to just backup the majority of the phone in a couple of steps or is it 1 thing at a time?

mediocre inc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
it says the titanium back up is for root only. i'm not rooted. also my market updates all failed. everything else works except for wi fi.
btw thanks for the help. this is the most helpfull forum out there.
i'm just waiting for someone to call me a noob or g@y. then it'll be just like the xbox forums.

neubanks89

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, You have to make sure its on "mixed" mode in the wireless settings.

It works with an n router just not n-only mode

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sixstorm

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night to 2.2 and my Wifi isn't working either. I read that Wifi was left out or broken in the manual update? I find that hard to believe but I dunno why it isn't working.

G

GenericMessage

the wi fi still is not working.
if i do the factory reset, that wipes out everything even the sd card?
i have alot of movies and tv show on the sd. i can back those up easily. what about saved data from my games?
is there an easy way to just backup the majority of the phone in a couple of steps or is it 1 thing at a time?

Ok everyone here is confused.

Clarifications time.

Factory resets DO NOT DELETE SD CARD CONTESTS.
Apps are all saved in the market and will download automatically
Your settings such as ringtones, contacts, wireless settings, ect are ALSO retained

Last edited:

mediocre inc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok everyone here is confused.

Clarifications time.

Factory resets DO NOT DELETED SD CARD CONTESTS.
Apps are all saved in the market and will download automatically
Your settings such as ringtones, contacts, wireless settings, ect are ALSO retained
well that makes the choice alot easier. i'll do the factory reset. thanks.

mediocre inc

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
the factory reset has gone wrong. i do the reset and make the call and she says it was successful. i wait a bit and hit next and then it wants me to activate it again. i've done it a couple of times now. so i skip and try to log into google. it tells me i'm not connected to a network. i still can't get the wifi to work. i skip ahead and i'm still running 2.2.
i might have to bring it in. i hate going into verizon and waiting.
i knew i should have waited for the update to get pushed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781