Keeping fingerprints off screen

failedking

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I am using the screen protector from Verizon. It shows alot of fingerprints and smudges. I took Meguires car wax and waxed the protector. No more fingerprints and scrolling is real smooth. If you try it, do not use alot of wax, smaller than a pea size will do.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Interesting... I could see where this may help. I sell Mercedes-Benz and we have a product called Xylon which is basically the "wonder drug" of protectants. I'll give it a try on my VZW protector and see if it makes a difference. Personally, a quick swipe against the pant leg takes care of things pretty well too. :)

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if I would want to keep putting wax on the screen, you will eventually get te edges clogged up with the white dried up wax. Your best bet is to just use a microfiber cloth. I personally took the screen protector off and the screen doesn't collect fingerprints nearly as bad and what does get on there wipes off much easier. Plus the screen is much smoother, highly scratch resistant, and looks better without the protector. But to each his own.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
this screen seems to clean easier than my other touch screen devices in the past.

could be all in my head though

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I find it cleans better than my other devices. Including other devices I've used that are all glass as well. I think it's just the perfect thickness so when I put it in my pocket, the pocket fabric cleans it.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Are most of you guys not using the screen protector? I put it on mine because I was worried about maintaining the quality of the glass, but it has had trade-offs. As indicated, the screen protector collects smudges, oil, etc very quickly. Takes a long time with the micro-fiber to completely clean. Maybe I am better off without the screen protector on? Will the screen be alright with the rigors of daily use (I don't use a holster or case)? I look at my 8330 that I used without a protector, and the screen has many scratches in it.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
the droid screen is better than the curve screen. The curve's is plastic and scratches very easily in my experience.

YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test

You can watch this guy try and scratch the droid screen with a key with no success. Try taking a key to the curve screen and be prepared to replace the curve...

I don't use a case ever. I don't like the added bulk and it detracts from the true styling of the phones. Also, I have insurance on my phones so if any of them get too messed up I can replace them.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yes. the plastic coated screen of the curve is much much softer than the glass covered screen of the droid. unless you're keeping in a pocket full of sandpaper and files, your screen should stay good looking.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test

i prefer this video.. the first one you can clearly see a nick in the screen from where he is stabbing it but for everyday use use droiders are not going to have anything STABBING our screens...

this second video shows what could commonly happen, more scratch resistant than gouge resistant but what more can we ask for

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I usex RainX on my iPhone 3GS (before the DROID) and I loved it! I hate when your finger tips aren't really dry and your finger just sticks to the screen, really annoying when trying to scroll, the RainX pretty much eliminates that completely. PLUS, if you ever are using it in extremely light rain its pretty helpful:0)

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i mispoke, I applied the RainX on my 3G, not the 3GS because of the oleophobic coating, didn't know if that would be an issue. Anyways, I used neither of those, I just rainx in the little bottle, pours out like lighter fluid, just used a few drops, 3-4, wipe would probably better than spray, if you have both, although my bottle idea may be the best, most controlled way to apple it.

R

Roy Aguilera

The screen will always get smudges. Just keep a cleaning cloth close.