I tried using Google Navigation yesterday, and while it would give me pretty nice walking directions, I could not figure out how to get the Google Street View capability to work.

I'm sure it's easy, and I'm just missing the obvious.

AzJazz
    11-15-2009 09:15 AM
    I think you just hit menu and then layers and if the street view is available it will show up. I know you don't have street view everywhere yet.
    11-15-2009 09:34 AM
    Yeah, if it's available wherever you are, it pops up as an option.
    11-15-2009 09:50 AM
    I think you just hit menu and then layers and if the street view is available it will show up. I know you don't have street view everywhere yet.
    Thanks ... I did try that, but Street View didn't show up as a layer. I just went online on my main computer, and Street View was available on the downtown Scottsdale street I was testing on.

Huh.
    11-15-2009 10:01 AM
    Thanks ... I did try that, but Street View didn't show up as a layer. I just went online on my main computer, and Street View was available on the downtown Scottsdale street I was testing on.

Huh.
    Some features are still in the half-baked stage.......rumor is that Google is getting some patches ready to address some of those.
    11-15-2009 10:05 AM
    i think you can double click on the screen while you're in navigation and it goes into street view.... i thought i saw that on a review... not sure.
    11-15-2009 10:07 AM
    click on the man
    11-15-2009 01:33 PM
    When it works though...it's pretty awesome and very smooth.
    11-15-2009 01:47 PM
    i usually just longpress to get into streetview, but that's in the maps app, not the navigation.

for navigation, it just did it on its own as i got closer to my destination
    11-15-2009 02:35 PM
    click on the man
    Where is the man? Is it on the Droid, or just on my PC?
    11-15-2009 03:47 PM
    Hmmmm, I didn't know that was only available in certain areas. No wonder it doesn't work in mine.
    11-15-2009 03:55 PM
    I don't see a man, I just longpress and get a black menu and there's Streetview
    11-15-2009 08:47 PM
    I double-tap on my screen and it zooms into a street view.

Hmmm....
    11-15-2009 10:57 PM
    When I'm in Navi mode, if Street View is available a little man icon shows up on the right side of the screen. When I click it, it takes me to a street view of the next turn. Doesn't automatically switch to street view as I approach destination as I'd like it too. I'm sure this will all be smoothed out over time.
    11-16-2009 10:07 AM
    I typically use a Garmin Nuvi for navigation, but wanted to give the Google Navi a try on my Droid. I had them both running at the sime time, and they were offering the exact same routing instructions... until the final turn.

Interestingly enough, Google told me to turn RIGHT and arrive on my right a few blocks down. Garmin told me to turn LEFT and arrive a few blocks down.

I decided to trust Google and make the right... ended up back-tracking and found the location to be exactly where "Carming the Garmin" said it would be.

So, there may still be a few bugs in the Google App, not sure how else to explain it. I love the app though, and I could see myself using it in situations where I was away from my own car.

Anyone else experience errors in the Google Navi?
    11-16-2009 10:13 AM
    Christopher, Any chance that your error occurred because the address that you entered on the phone was a North, when it should have been South, or East instead of West? Just curious...
    11-16-2009 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD