Home Screen Rotate - At Least For Me

kmp14

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I realize that the home screen not rotating to landscape is a known issue. Maybe this is also old news: the home screen only stopped rotating after I changed the wallpaper. I had it for a few days before changing the wallpaper, and immediately after changing it, no more landscape on the home screen....

Or maybe it never did without opening the keyboard....now I am not sure!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I realize that the home screen not rotating to landscape is a known issue. Maybe this is also old news: the home screen only stopped rotating after I changed the wallpaper. I had it for a few days before changing the wallpaper, and immediately after changing it, no more landscape on the home screen....

Or maybe it never did without opening the keyboard....now I am not sure!

I thought it was just me too but I am also sure that the homescreen used to rotate. I don't know why it doesn't now. But I'm glad to hear that someone else noticed it too. Maybe it does have something to do with changing the wallpaper. I don't remember when it stopped rotating, but I have noticed it in the past few days.

msheldon

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's the wallpaper. My wife and I both got Droids. I changed my wallaper, she didn't. Neither of our home screens rotates to landscape unless the keyboard is open, or I am running DockRunner.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
It probably depends on the widgets on the screen. Many (most) aren't designed to run in landscape.

i don't think that would effect the function. something like the weather widgets clock doesn't work in landscape, but it just disappears when you go into that mode

adam8ch

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
the homescreen doesn't rotate unless you open the keypad or you put your phone into dock mode, that is normal. I hope they fix that in the update.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Now that's strange... My phone does rotate to landscape but only if I rotate the phone so the keyboard (if it was out) would be facing down. If I rotate the phone 180 degrees, it stays in portrait. I hope they fix that soon.

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
the app "dxTop" rotates.. it will use the themes from the others (aHome, panda, openhome), it has 4 home screens.... my fav so far...

Last edited:

1jamesbond007

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
rotating home screen fix.

Screen rotates for me...I installed panda beta and have 91 panda home on droid with one theme. I now have a option panel when scrolling left of home screen. My option for rotating home screen now rotates the home screen.

Hope this helps....kinda stumbled upon it.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
the homescreen doesn't rotate unless you open the keypad or you put your phone into dock mode, that is normal. I hope they fix that in the update.

This is not correct, at least for my phone. Just to be clear, I opened a web page that wanted typed input (userID/password), rotated the phone to landscape and the homescreen roated without the keypad being open.

Glad it works for me, hope it doesn't stop :D

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
They are talking specifically about the home screen. Most apps switch without opening the keyboard, as we all want the home screen to.

JRA

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey discovered that there's an app called Samsung Desk Home made for the dock. This, while not the home screen, will provide a landscape 'landing' screen with the keyboard closed... although the apps that are displayed on this landing page aren't too useful and I can't seem to change them. Guess its no better and prob worse than 3rd party alts...