Can't remove text messages

Jeffrey2480

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I forced the FRG01B Froyo last week, and ever since then I've been having an odd problem with the conversations in my text message list.

When I delete a thread, a new, empty thread from the same person I just deleted appears at the bottom of the list with a timestamp of 12/31/1969 19:00. I've tried deleting that new thread, but it won't go away.

I'm using Handcent, but I have the same issue (unable to delete the empty threads) with the stock messaging app.

Anyone else seen this problem, or know what is causing it?

Motorola Droid

Jeffrey2480

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Bump..

I still can't figure this out, it's very frustrating. I did notice that if I delete ALL the threads, these weird threads disappear, but as soon as i delete another individual thread it shows up, empty, at the bottom of the list with this 1969 date.

Can anyone help?

CNJ07

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have recently had the exact same problem with the Droid. I am using Handcent also. I uninstalled Handcent. I tried to delete the messages from the stock messaging app but it still does the same thing. It's very frustrating! I called Verizon and they had me do a factory reset - didn't help. This just became an issue after my phone downloaded the newest update. Have you found a fix yet??

Thanks!!

Jeffrey2480

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Since my first post, I've upgraded to FRG22D, and now Bugless 0.5. I still have the problem. If you delete all of your texts, those phantom messages do go away. I just wish I understood what it was that was causing it.

I have a suspicion that it might have something to do with the MMS messages, but I can't be too sure about that without deleting them one by one and going back to see if the messages disappeared.

I'm not sure that it necessarily has anything to do with Handcent, because they show up in the stock messaging app as well. Although, within some of my threads, Handcent does have some messages that say something like "Handcent cannot display this message," while they show up in the stock app.

I just wish I knew what was causing the problem, let alone how to fix it.

rlrmineiro

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
android thread deletion problem

I had the same problem just after updating to froyo... Since I only had 1 mms in my message box, I tried following your advice and deleted it. PROBLEM SOLED! All the older ghost threads disappeared instantly! They should fix this, as i?m pretty shure no one wants to have hundreds of old empty, unnecessary threads lying about on their phones!
Thanks for the help and good guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke