Swype + 2. 2

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with the swype beta on froyo? Mine no longer works, so I tried to uninstall and then reinstall it, but it said that it was registered to another device.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
No prob's here. As you did, I uninstalled and reinstalled. I am however, registered for Beta with Swype. Not sure if you are using a downloaded Beta from them or some other ver.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've only been able to get complete fresh installs to work. Uninstall Swype and Swype Installer. Both should be listed under applications. Now go to the email that swype sent you and download the installer from that link. Run through the install and it should work. If you don't still have the email, you should be able to login at Swype | Text Input for Screens and get another link

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
There have been several threads about this since 2.2 started coming out. I never had a problem on my rooted droid with swype until the OTA update notification came to my phone. I used Peter Alfonso's tool to block it since I already had 2.2 and Swype stopped working. I had uninstall swype, then delete the isntaller and any previous backed up versions so there was no record of swype on my phone at all. Then I had the invite for swype beta re-emailed to, downloaded the .apk file, installed it, and now it finally works again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos