Keeping it in your pocket....

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine is in my pocket every day and nothing has ever happened. Not really sure about the thread posted above but can't imagine how a phone would open in your pocket (maybe [playing pocket pool?). I have never had a scratch or had it turn on and have been doing this with phones for the past 3 years. As for holster I have bumped them and had the phone fall out so I think the pocket is the safest place.

I put my keys in the other pocket along with any change.

IBall

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I've got nothing else in that pocket (I keep my keys on a ring clipped to a belt loop), I just wasn't sure if going a couple of months before getting the belt holster is dangerous for it or not.

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I keep mine in my pocket and put on the table/desk when sitting down. I have pulled my droid out of my pocket and it would be an inch or so open, probably because I drop it into my pocket instead of putting it in gently. My phones/ipods etc always have dedicated pockets to avoid scratches.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I get nervous putting my gadgets in pockes from lint.....sometimes you get the right piece of something to scratch it up :eek:

So I just keep it in a side holster case

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've also noticed that from time to time the keyboard will slide open in my pocket. I don't think it's a problem and I haven't noticed battery drain because of it turning the display on.

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
First post here. Great source of info.

I've carried my BB Pearl in my pocket for the last 2 years. The camera was rendered useless from the lint. The trackball gave me hell for a year from the lint. Finally replaced the trackball just in time to get the Droid.

Joey

yasuro

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
nothing wrong with a holster, but i generally keep it my my suit's inside pocket. just not really a fan of the utility belt/school janitor look. it's really a personal choice, imho. as long as you don't keep change or keys in the same pocket as the phone, you should be alright.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Similar here. I usually do keys in right, back pocket. Wallet in left, back. Phone in left, front.

now i know which pocket your phone is in!

i always keep my phone in my pocket. the holsters look so dated and weird to me.

generally my keys are in another pocket so i don't really worry about it.

i find it weird that people are having the phone open on them. my slide mechanism is pretty solid, takes some force (not a lot, but just enough) to open it...

RJNavarrete

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
now i know which pocket your phone is in!

i always keep my phone in my pocket. the holsters look so dated and weird to me.

generally my keys are in another pocket so i don't really worry about it.

i find it weird that people are having the phone open on them. my slide mechanism is pretty solid, takes some force (not a lot, but just enough) to open it...
Yea, I'm praying my slider remains this solid. It requires a good amount of force. The perfect amount, IMO. I don't want it to get easier/loose and feel cheap and flimsy.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Yea, I'm praying my slider remains this solid. It requires a good amount of force. The perfect amount, IMO. I don't want it to get easier/loose and feel cheap and flimsy.

i figure by the time the slider gets loose, i'll probably have gotten a new phone, it's gotta last 4 to 6 months right? ;)

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i figure by the time the slider gets loose, i'll probably have gotten a new phone, it's gotta last 4 to 6 months right? ;)

I hope mine lasts longer than that lol! After 6+ exchanges on my Storm I don't want to have to go back to VZW untill Android 3.0 comes out lol!:D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm sure it will, the phone seems to be built very well.

i'm just saying. i don't know if i'll be able to resist the temptation of the passion when it drops.

especially if it has 2.0 with Sense at release.