Internal Phone Storage on Droid

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Before the 2.2 update, my Droid's internal memory stayed at about 150MB, and would go up or down depending on my applications, caches, messages, etc. I figured that with 2.2, since I can move some apps to the sd card, I would free up space in my phone memory. But after moving 7 apps to the SD card, the amount of free memory hasn't changed. Can anyone explain?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
The amount of memory partitioned for app storage is completely different from the amount for actually running programs. So regardless of how many apps you move to the SD card, unless you can re-write the partition to use less internal memory on app storage and more on processing memory you're stuck. the Droid could definitely use a little more memory too.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Before the 2.2 update, my Droid's internal memory stayed at about 150MB, and would go up or down depending on my applications, caches, messages, etc. I figured that with 2.2, since I can move some apps to the sd card, I would free up space in my phone memory. But after moving 7 apps to the SD card, the amount of free memory hasn't changed. Can anyone explain?

Try rebooting your phone. Once I did that I gained the extra memory.