App Storage

rjbeck77

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to store your apps on your memory card versus your phones memory? And, is there a way to check to make sure it is on your card versus your phones memory?

Thanks,

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
With Froyo comes Apps2SD. The caveat is however that the developer has to enable their app to support it. Unfortunately, too many developers have not done so yet. I'm constantly running out of room, despite having some apps on the sd card. Usually the developer will specify if an app can be moved in the market. However, two great free apps are sdmove (which scans and alerts you as to which apps can be moved) and also SDWatch which actually alerts you to an app's ability to be moved.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
@sethjk, have the problems with apps2sd been fixed yet? I know I was having all sorts of problems (slow downs, force closes, forced redraws of ADW, broken homescreen shortcuts, etc.) with ANY app moved to the card.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
@Phillip-
I actually gave up on ADW and have been running launcherPro premium since Saturday. Truth is, I couldn't be happier. Redraws are almost non-existent and I was even having them running stock froyo and the stock launcher.
Also, apps that have shortcuts/widgets take a few minuts to appear on home screen after redraw (not long) but they do appear. I haven't noticed any slowdown as a result of apps being on the sd card. In fact, I think the more room I can make on the phone, the faster it becomes.
I havne't changed my signature, but I'm currently running stock froyo with chevy's 1ghz LV kernel. It's running much much better than CM6 or BB was for me.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I get a redraw about every three days or so now that I pulled everything off the SD card and got rid of Android Agenda. No more sluggishness either. My sig is spot on, except I'm running a newer Nightly, but I gave up updating it for that, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol