Anyone's Battery Life Getting BETTER?

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My battery life seems to have gotten progressively better. I'm not familiar with battery technology, so I'm wondering if these batteries are better off being fully depleted before charging, or does that not matter? The first week I had the phone I was really disappointed with the battery life, however, now it easily makes it through my entire day. Am I nuts, or is it possible that it's actually better?

ScottsdaleHokie#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't know for sure.

I'm getting better battery life because I'm done downloading and trying every app in the marketplace. I have my phone customized exactly the way I want it now, so I'm not constantly on it anymore.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i'd echo the comments above, it's probably just because you are using it a bit less.

when i first got mine i could barely put it down, so i was nearly killing the battery every day. however, now that i've got all that out of my system, i'm noticing the battery makes it through the day with ease.

speaking of not putting the phone down, anyone else developing a crippling RoboDefense addiction?

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
After your battery goes through a couple full cycles it is not unusual to see better battery life then the first day or 2.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Probably a combination of those things.. I feel like I'm using the phone MORE, but I'm probably not since I have it all set up the way I like it. Also, perhaps the cycling of the new battery has improved things. Thanks!

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Mine is not getting better... it's definitely worse than my Storm. I'm quite disappointed with battery ice, actually. I really need to get a slightly higher mAh battery... like what seidio has in development, apparently.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
mine has gotten significantly better ever since i turned off auto brightness and left it at the lowest setting, only raising it when i was out in the sun.

d1pham

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Mine got better once I started to let the OS do its job instead of force closing everything via advanced task manager.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
Mine got better once I started to let the OS do its job instead of force closing everything via advanced task manager.

Really? Maybe I should just let it be... Mine dies before the day is out every day... Im thinking about buying an extra battery.. Problem is charging the extra one... Maybe there is a battery cradle out there... Turning off the auto adjust brightness defiantly helped allot though

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

Yeah, I stopped using that as well and my battery life has been a bit better. The Droid is supposed to deal with app shutdown on it's own.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
This is funny, I was just about to post a question regarding the Droids battery life. My Droid seems to be dying quick as hell. Now, I have the brightness setting set to Auto so that may be killing it but 1 thing shouldnt be draining my battery that quick.

Mine seems to be lasting about 24 hrs at most on idle with very little usage. I browsed the internet for a few min at most, sent some texts, made a phone call or two and it got to about 10% within those 24 hrs before I went to recharge it so Im sorta dissapointed with the battery life. Other then that I love the phone. Just the short battery life is killing me :(

Any suggestions?

I downloaded the WiFi app so I can turn WiFi on and off so that shouldnt be draining my battery. I have only 3 or 4 apps that Ive downloaded on my phone so again, it cant be my apps.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
My battery has been pretty steady. Maybe a bit better, but nothing to write home about. Although it did seem to last pretty well today with my first full day use of dxhome.

goteesmith

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to echo the comments above.

I stopped using the task killers (I had 3 installed) and let the OS handle everything. The battery life has improved a meaningful amount.

Killing apps was my BB obsession and a habit that is hard to resist. But resist we must (according to other posts on this board).

Commentary: I never realized how much I hated the Storm until I got the Droid :cool:.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
This is funny, I was just about to post a question regarding the Droids battery life. My Droid seems to be dying quick as hell. Now, I have the brightness setting set to Auto so that may be killing it but 1 thing shouldnt be draining my battery that quick.

Mine seems to be lasting about 24 hrs at most on idle with very little usage. I browsed the internet for a few min at most, sent some texts, made a phone call or two and it got to about 10% within those 24 hrs before I went to recharge it so Im sorta dissapointed with the battery life. Other then that I love the phone. Just the short battery life is killing me :(

Any suggestions?

I downloaded the WiFi app so I can turn WiFi on and off so that shouldnt be draining my battery. I have only 3 or 4 apps that Ive downloaded on my phone so again, it cant be my apps.

try turning off auto brightness and setting the display as low as is comfortable for you.

the autobrightness on the phone sucks and it seems to like to stay at or very close to max brightness for some reason or another.

mine went from 70-80% usage (screen) to 30-40% usage. makes a HUUUUGE impact on battery life.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com

Any suggestions?

You dont need a wifi app.. Just put the power widget on your desk top and you can turn on and off just about everything including your auto brightness.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
try turning off auto brightness and setting the display as low as is comfortable for you.

the autobrightness on the phone sucks and it seems to like to stay at or very close to max brightness for some reason or another.

mine went from 70-80% usage (screen) to 30-40% usage. makes a HUUUUGE impact on battery life.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I wouldnt expect it to be such a huge hit on the battery life :(

It WAS at 100% brightness or max I should say and just set it to 50% so Ill see how it does now battery life wise.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
You dont need a wifi app.. Just put the power widget on your desk top and you can turn on and off just about everything including your auto brightness.

Awesome, thanks for this tip also, I didnt even know I could bring that up on the screen. What a wonderful tool!.

Thanks again man

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
thats odd that auto brightness is killing all of you.. my battery life drained when i turned it off and got significantly better when i turned it back on.. plus the droid has an amazing resolution that i love see the full potential of

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance