The OTA Froyo update brick

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
last night I got the OTA 2.2 update. SINCE then, my phone refuses to do anything past showing me the lovely logo.

I WAS able to load the recovery screen where it told "error in sdcard update.zip (status 2)" and the installation was aborted.

Now, i'm not even able to get that far.

I would REALLY prefer not to wipe my phone. So if you have ANY ideas as to what my options may be, I would greatly appreciate it.

was running stock.

Is it possible to load the SD card to a computer to see what the issue is? if so, how would I find it?

cleo3930

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Good to know I am not alone at least. :(

Have you found a solution yet? I am contacting the wireless company soon about this myself.

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...I ended up having to get a replacement too. It came today while I was at work. I'm going to try to do one last save that I saw in another thread before I ditch my original

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
My phone wouldn't even turn back on after about 10 hours of the OTA update. And after a while it decided HEY, I don't want you to fix me so I'm not even going to LET you into the recovery screen

jmack356

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My phone wouldn't even turn back on after about 10 hours of the OTA update. And after a while it decided HEY, I don't want you to fix me so I'm not even going to LET you into the recovery screen

10 hours? Didn't you suspect something was wrong after the first hour?
The update if working properly only takes about 4 minutes.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You guys do not need to get a replacement!
Follow the instructions to root your device using .sbf files
1. Download rsd lite
2. download Verizon.2.01.sbf file
3. plug your phone in and remove battery put the battery back in and hold power+directionpad up
4. start rsdlite
5. browse for verizon.2.01.sbf file
6. use the update.zip root method to root your phone
7. install clockwork recovery using rom manager from market ( make sure u go into options and select erase recovery)
8. download frg01, or saphire or bugless beast and put it on the root of your sdcard
9. go to rom manager and install rom from sdcard and then choose the zip file that you just downloaded
10. wait for it to restart and enjoy froyo and dont get a refurbished droid from vzw.
11. If the update pops up again (assuming you chose BB) then just hit update now and it will install and fail (some pic with !) restart your phone and it will not bother u again

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
10 hours? Didn't you suspect something was wrong after the first hour?
The update if working properly only takes about 4 minutes.

Since it came so late (around 3 AM), I just hit the update button and went to sleep. It wasn't working when I got up but I didn't realize that it wouldn't move past the logo screen until I unplugged it.

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
You guys do not need to get a replacement!
Follow the instructions to root your device using .sbf files
1. Download rsd lite
2. download Verizon.2.01.sbf file
3. plug your phone in and remove battery put the battery back in and hold power+directionpad up
4. start rsdlite
5. browse for verizon.2.01.sbf file
6. use the update.zip root method to root your phone
7. install clockwork recovery using rom manager from market ( make sure u go into options and select erase recovery)
8. download frg01, or saphire or bugless beast and put it on the root of your sdcard
9. go to rom manager and install rom from sdcard and then choose the zip file that you just downloaded
10. wait for it to restart and enjoy froyo and dont get a refurbished droid from vzw.
11. If the update pops up again (assuming you chose BB) then just hit update now and it will install and fail (some pic with !) restart your phone and it will not bother u again

You do realize they were having issues with the stock update, right? They weren't trying to root or anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci