Desktop manager?

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this has been asked before (but I'm sure it has), is there any sort of a "Desktop Manager" for Android (specifically the Droid), just like the one used for BB?

Thanks.

cmorty72

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this has been asked before (but I'm sure it has), is there any sort of a "Desktop Manager" for Android (specifically the Droid), just like the one used for BB?

Thanks.

cmorty72

Yep :D Motorola Media Link

Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA

Edit: It won't sync your contacts ect. It's just for Media however you can back up contacts, calender, etc. using Google Sync from your handheld.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not that I know of. There are various file managers available that run on the Droid but there's nothing that runs on a PC or Mac that performs the functions of the Desktop Manager on BB or iTunes on the iPhone (synch contacts, music, apps, etc).

Edit: looks like YoungChrisG beat me to it! I'll have to give Media Link a look.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I use this program from the market called astro file manager. It backs up your phone on the sd card. You can schedule a backup daily, weekly, or monthly I believe. It backsup apps, contacts, media, etc. right from your phone. Thats another alternative.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I use this program from the market called astro file manager. It backs up your phone on the sd card. You can schedule a backup daily, weekly, or monthly I believe. It backsup apps, contacts, media, etc. right from your phone. Thats another alternative.

Lol I have no eartly clue as to how I forgot about that lol! So yeah,.....
+1 On the AstroFile!

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Lol I have no eartly clue as to how I forgot about that lol! So yeah,.....
+1 On the AstroFile!
That sounds even better!!

Another question.. has anyone here tried this:
Sprite Mobile - Android Backup - SMS, Bookmarks, System Settings, Application Settings, Call Logs, MMS, Contacts, Photos, Video, Music and much more...

Looks great. The only thing that I can't find is any support for 2.0 . Or will any version do for Android?
Sorry for the n00b questions... still rather new to what Android has to offer.:)

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
That sounds even better!!

Another question.. has anyone here tried this:
Sprite Mobile - Android Backup - SMS, Bookmarks, System Settings, Application Settings, Call Logs, MMS, Contacts, Photos, Video, Music and much more...

Looks great. The only thing that I can't find is any support for 2.0 . Or will any version do for Android?
Sorry for the n00b questions... still rather new to what Android has to offer.:)

Technically it should be updated to 2.0 but some apps do work for the most part even if they haven't been updated.

ppbo

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Mobisynapse, and it is free now!

Mobisynapse

It can manage apps, music, videos, contacts, SMS, file transfer etc on Android through Mobisynapse on PC. It offers backup and restore for apps, contacts, SMS too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta