I keep getting notification that I have 1 new unread email message. In actuality I have 10 unread message. They are marked unread for a reason. I cant figure out why its saying I have NEW email messages. This is a yahoo account im speaking about.........Anyone else?

And one of question, anyone know why my avatar isnt showing when I do have a picture there.
    11-19-2009 12:28 PM
    I keep getting notification that I have 1 new unread email message. In actuality I have 10 unread message. They are marked unread for a reason. I cant figure out why its saying I have NEW email messages. This is a yahoo account im speaking about.........Anyone else?

And one of question, anyone know why my avatar isnt showing when I do have a picture there.
    Big learning curve huh?

Don't have a Yahoo account but I know some had the same issue with Google mail. Can you access the sync options on your Yahoo mail?
    11-19-2009 12:34 PM
    Nope. I cant access syncing from my phone for yahoo.
    11-19-2009 12:36 PM
    Are you using the EMail Icon for the 5 minute sync or the GMail (forwarding them)?
    11-19-2009 12:40 PM
    Im using the 5 minute sync. I didnt want to forward my yahoo to gmail.
    11-19-2009 12:42 PM
    So if you open the Email icon and hit the menu key and select settings, it will not take you to your Yahoo mail settings?
    11-19-2009 12:57 PM
    Open the icon>Hit menu key>Accounts>Long press the Yahoo one>Account Settings.
    Now go to E-mail check frequency open it, check never, now recheck every 5 minutes and test to see if it fixes it.
    11-19-2009 01:01 PM
    Thanks I will check back in in about 5 minutes to see if that fixed the issue.
    11-19-2009 01:12 PM
    Also did you set up the Yahoo account like so, if not you should:
    "- Go to mail icon
    - Add account
    - Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
    - Enter password at password field
    - Select MANUAL SETUP not next
    - Select IMAP
    * username= name@yahoo.com
    * password = yourpassword
    * IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
    * port = 143
    * security = none
    * optional = blank
    - Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and thats it."
    11-19-2009 01:17 PM
    I think it worked out da. Thanks yet again. You would think I would know to do this simple solution.
    11-19-2009 01:34 PM
    Also did you set up the Yahoo account like so, if not you should:
    "- Go to mail icon
    - Add account
    - Enter email address in email address filed (name@yahoo.com)
    - Enter password at password field
    - Select MANUAL SETUP not next
    - Select IMAP
    * username= name@yahoo.com
    * password = yourpassword
    * IMAP server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
    * port = 143
    * security = none
    * optional = blank
    - Select NEXT

You will then be prompted to sign in do so.

Will then be taken to the SMPTP settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. Then select NEXT. Sign in. Name your account and thats it."
    Yeah this is what I did to set it up.
    11-19-2009 01:35 PM
    lol its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Guess I will just have to deal with it.
    11-19-2009 01:43 PM
    lol its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Guess I will just have to deal with it.
    Man, I am stumped. Good thing I do not use Yahoo mail. Seems you are not the only one having this issue. Apparently it has something to do with how the Droid handles that particular account. There seems to be no fix for it at the moment. Hopefully Google fixes this in the update that wil be out in December.
    11-19-2009 02:10 PM
    yep oh well thanks. I wonder if buying the yahoo plus will fix this?
    11-19-2009 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD