internet radio to 3G to Droid to Prius stereo possible?

Yiannis

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
A major use of the Droid for me, would be to stream internet radio through the browser and bluetooth to my 07 Prius stereo speakers while driving in areas with strong 3G coverage such as the I-95 northeast corridor.

I am not asking whether it would be compatible with my car, but whether the network, the phone and the bluetooth are a fast enough to get this done.

Is the Droid's buffer large enough for such an application in VZ's 3G network?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
A major use of the Droid for me, would be to stream internet radio through the browser and bluetooth to my 07 Prius stereo speakers while driving in areas with strong 3G coverage such as the I-95 northeast corridor.

I am not asking whether it would be compatible with my car, but whether the network, the phone and the bluetooth are a fast enough to get this done.

Is the Droid's buffer large enough for such an application in VZ's 3G network?

Thanks,

Sure it's possible. I mean you can stream video via YouTube so radio is a piece of cake. It should also work fine over Bluetooth.

Im Bakes

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Well my guess would be yes, but i imagine the best way to test would be to try it out. Thats what i do when I want to know if things work.

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it works just fine. I have bluetooth in my car and it works great. When I have a rental, I have a battery-powered bluetooth stereo speaker (Motorola Rokr EQ5) that does a good job. Works in the hotel room too. Also, if your car has a 3.5mm cable port, that works well.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If your car has a aux in jack you'd be better off using that. You'll have improved battery life by not using bluetooth and the sound quality should be a little better. That's what I do and I love it so much that I canceled XM and use Slacker exclusively.

Yiannis

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
If your car has a aux in jack you'd be better off using that. You'll have improved battery life by not using bluetooth and the sound quality should be a little better. That's what I do and I love it so much that I canceled XM and use Slacker exclusively.

That's a good idea, what cable do I need for that and is it supplied?

It seems that both the droid and my car have 3.5 mm jacks so i can find these pretty easily. Thanks!

Last edited:

orangepeel#AC

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
That's a good idea, what cable do I need for that and is it supplied?

I just use a male to male 1/8 (or 3.5mm)jack.Plug one into the phones headphone jack,and the other into your stereo aux jack. I use this set-up with a Storm,but I'm pretty sure the Droid uses the same size.

You probably didn't get one with the phone,but you can purchase them at radio shack,or Wal-Mart.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira