background / ambient noise issue

Noseeums

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So I have tested this to a landline call, a Verizon to Verizon call, an AT&T call, and a T-Mobile call. Background noise comes through louder than the person speaking. Even if the caller is doing something as quiet as typing on a keyboard it sounds like they are smacking their phone around. I talked to a friend that was in a Subway sub shop and couldn't even hear him over the ambient noise. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Also, lately I am hearing an echo of my own voice in calls. I have tried all the temporary solutions to fix this, but nothing is working.

Are any if these issues being fixed in the OTA update?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Some people hear the echo at times which is a known issue that should be addressed in the upcoming update. I personally have not encountered either of your issues. Have you pulled your battery to reset the phone lately?

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem and am on my second phone as a result. The second one has been no better than the first. Right after I got my first phone my wife was her cell phone in a grocery store and the guy next to her sounded as loud as she did. Not sure if the update is going to help. I notice that some phones seem to be worse than others.