Droid Refurbs

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, hope you guys don't need droid refurbs at all. I had to send mine in because it wasn't working only to get a refurb that is locking up when trying to sign into my gmail account. Called into get another refurb shipped to me and it was supposed to be here today called and found out its not even picked up yet. VZW is completely out of stock of the Refurbs and there is no ETA. Was asked if I have a phone that I can activate to use, but I sold my BlackBerry Storm when I got my droid. VZW is calling around trying to find me a loaner until they can ship me on which there is no ETA on. This blows.

Last edited:

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
In one of these threads, someone said they actually have Droids in stock somewhere. They must have a high-quality inventory control system if they don't even know where they are.

Get a Stupidvisor on the phone and tell 'em to give you a Droid II that you can probably pick up in a store today.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I called in again to cancel my Data package since it's going to be awhile. The rep I talked to said he was going to talk to his sup and see if he could ship me out a Droid II since this is like my 6th Droid Refurb. So we shall see what happens when I get the follow up call.

When I talked to the rep yesterday to get the refurb shipped out he said that they had some in stock so they have not had many if they already went through all of them.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I got a call back and was offered the LG Ally or the Droid Incredible or to wait until I get my refurb. Not sure what to do yet.

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I've read the user reviews on VZW's site of the LG: don't do it. Battery life evidently is total crap. (I was considering it for my daughter, but no way now; I think she'll be getting a Droid II.) A friend likes his Incredible.

agnellin

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, here is my deal:

I'm on vacation this whole week and my Droid broke Sunday night. I called Verizon and they said they will send me a replacement, but it will be a Droid II because they are out of stock of the original Droid. So I said thats fine, I rather have the updated phone anyways.

Two days later I called Verizon (after waiting all day for my replacement Droid II) and they said they never put in an order for my replacement phone because the manager never approved sending the Droid II instead of the original Droid. (They never even called to tell me) I was pist, but they said they will overnight the original Droid and I will have it tomorrow. So....today I've been waiting all day (wasting my vacation) for my replacement phone and it never showed up hmmmmmm... I called Verizon and they said they are out of stock of the Droid 1 and they will send it as soon as they get some in and they gave my account a $20 credit. I am sooo pist because i'm on vacation and I havent had a phone for 4 days....and counting...and Verizon doesn't seem to give a ****.

I don't know about you guys, but i'm not very happy.

CurlyDE

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If any of you guys manage to get a refurbed Droid, then please update this thread and let us know. I tried to purchase one off contract today and was told that they are out.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well i ordered my replacement d1 on sat this will be number 3. Was told it will ship on mon be here on wed. Well on monday it wasnt approved my the supv so had to wait for it to ship on tues its supposed to get here tomorrow will update when or if i get it. Hopefully vzw doesnt try and pull any crap with me. And to op who is waiting and only got a 20$ credit i would demand a replacment of equall or higher specs dont let vzw get over on you

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I would call in again as well. The first rep really didn't do much to help me but the second rep was awesome and helped me out. He went above and beyond on what I called in about. All you can do is try.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
And another note I just thought of I dunno if demanding is the right thing to do. I was being nice to the rep and he was more then willing to work with me. I didnt get demandy or didnt ask for anything. But thats just me.

agnellin

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Called again today....still not sent. Gave them a piece of my mind and they said a Droid x would be at my door by 10:30 tomorrow. Day 5 still no phone.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow Droid X nice wish I could have gotten that rather then the Incredible just happy I am getting something. Anyone know if when they do this it will be new in box or if it will be a refurbished one?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22