Is this phone junk?

BerrySquasher

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
The more I use it ...the more reboots I get ..I get a flimsy feel at times...the keyboard blows...now I read this board and people are bitching about everything under ze sun ...is this the BBS1 &2 is this more crap from VZW? I feel less good about this purchase of late ...:(

johnolesen

Nov 2, 2009
www.myspace.com
i love my Droid..completely blows my Storm out of the water. I've even turned some of my crackberry addicted customers onto the Droid. I love this thing! no problems here.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
I have had issues. The phone is not perfect at all.

That being said i have never had a better phone. With the problems that i have had (Gmail and facebook) i am still loving my droid and i know that with the support of android, the droid wont turn into the unloved step-child that the storm1 did.

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I love it too. I've had no restarts since I uninstalled advanced task killer and just let the OS manage memory. I was having 2 a day before that. You might try that.

R

Roy Aguilera

I could understand if the phone is not for you but I don't see the complaints that you speak of. Comparing it to the Storm is insulting. My suggestion is that you return it.

d1pham

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The phone is awesome. If you are having issues with it rebooting take it back to the store for a new unit or reload the OS with a device wipe (10) minutes. If you selected the backup option all your apps will be reloaded on to the device.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
...now I read this board and people are bitching about everything under ze sun ..

Plz give us some examples on this I have seen a few issues discussed, but nothing to this extreme. I've been with VZW for 8 yrs and would have to say this is by far one of the best phones I've gotten from them (using Treo, BB, and numerous others). As far as the flimsy comment, I'm a technician for a cable company and my phone is on my side at all times (crawlspaces, attics, 24 ft in the air on a ladder, etc.) and I have no issues carrying this one with me in those extremes, it is a solid phone. My only complaint is the lack so far of carrying cases for the phone, which always takes time. If it's not for you it's not for you just don't exxagerate the complaint and try to turn this forum into a b**** fest as the S1 forum turned into. I kinda like the calm waters here.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The more I use it ...the more reboots I get ..I get a flimsy feel at times...the keyboard blows...now I read this board and people are bitching about everything under ze sun ...is this the BBS1 &2 is this more crap from VZW? I feel less good about this purchase of late ...:(

rofl........did you even stop, think re-read your post BEFORE you hit SEND? ;)
trolling once in a while is fun as long as your consistent,truthful and objective in "troll-content", but you got caught by JFS as he quoted ONE of your earlier posts !!!:eek:

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Yup, compareing this to the storm 1 is horrible! I had the storm 1 on release, and it was a HUGE pile! You cant go on a forum, and read about problems people have, and think that it goes for all droids as a whole! Most people don't even post about there droid! Normally only problem folks post! I've had mine since release, and my only complaint was the portrait SW keyboard. It was bad compared to my Imagio. I installed "Better Keyboard" and said SW keyboard is now almost as good as my imagio. I love this phone! It dosn't lag, I get no freezups, or reboots. I've had all these problems on WinMo, and BB devices. Tell me what other phone you can run Navigation, stream music to your car, get e-mail, and texts, and take phone calls at the same time flawlessly! I would put MONEY that you WON'T find another phone to do all these things at the same time like the Droid can!

Scott4551

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I love this phone too...Is it not as good as the iphone but a good hold over till next fall when VZW gets the iphone...It needs a better virtual keyboard...It is not as responsive as the iphones by far.

As far as problems I have had none in the month Ive had this...I used to use the S1 and with the 5.0 update it actually was not that bad...BB are just too slow and need more of a fun factor to really get people back on board...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci