• Too early to tell...

20 5.56%
07-31-2010 09:24 PM
130 12345 ...
tools
    Wow 89 people voted yes and 1 no.
    Interesting results.
    11-23-2009 12:16 PM
    I'm very happy with the Droid. I have had a few of the problems like a couple of freezes and a couple of hard resets. Today it would not communicate with the verizon network had to shut it off and turn it back on to get it to work.
    11-23-2009 12:46 PM
    People tend to forget that this is the first iteration of a new phone. I had the Storm 1 when it came out and it was AGES before RIM put out an update. It's nice to see Google responding quickly to our concerns. In my opinion, there will NEVER be a perfect piece of technology because it all boils down to personal preference. You can't please everybody all the time right?
    11-23-2009 12:53 PM
    I have never seen a poll so skewed in favor usually much more complaining and so forth but this is a nice change of pace.
    11-23-2009 12:54 PM
    This is by far the best device I have owned. Overall I am very happy with it and it looks like Motorola is going to work to support this device. There are some things I need to get used to, but its like any device. So far this has just worked.
    11-23-2009 01:08 PM
    I have never seen a poll so skewed in favor usually much more complaining and so forth but this is a nice change of pace.
    It has alot to do with the members we have. A nice mature group= less complaining and more helping.
    11-23-2009 01:29 PM
    Other than limiting the apps since they don't all work on 2.0... happy as a lark... once Layar comes to Android 2.0 I will be in heaven
    11-23-2009 06:05 PM
    overall i am happy, but i really miss bb email, push and bbm
    11-23-2009 06:47 PM
    I really love my Droid. Tried out the Eris first and genuinely liked it, but the poor battery life killed it for me. I am coming from a Storm and never disliked that phone. I always thought it did what I needed and never gave me issues. I never had problems with the resetting, or the screen. It was perfect for me. But it just seems the Droid does everything just a little better. It really is a great machine and I dont think that we have really seen all that it is capable of. I'm pretty excited about what we're gonna see over the next year or so from developers. And for me personally, push mail is not a deal breaker. I always used GMail on my BB anyway, and it runs better on my Droid than it did on the Storm. I never really understood what added functionality was bestowed by the GMail plug-in for BB. lol
    11-30-2009 02:00 PM
    I just love my Droid, and gmail being my primary email, it was a cake walk....now I know wht I have been missing in my old stormmm..
    11-30-2009 08:50 PM
    Wow 89 people voted yes and 1 no.
    Interesting results.
    Just goes to show how great this phone is.
    11-30-2009 09:18 PM
    I can honestly say I've never been this happy with a cell phone yet! I've been using cell phones for about 10 years and this has been the best experience, including the provider. (first time VZW customer)
    12-01-2009 12:30 AM
    Extremely happy. I converted too many pretty phone users to it also.
    12-01-2009 11:13 AM
    Extremely happy. I converted too many pretty phone users to it also.
    I've started a Droid frenzy in my office... lots of people converting and converting others... I guess I should ask Verizon for some sort of cut...

I LOVE MY DROID.
    12-01-2009 01:23 PM
    I've started a Droid frenzy in my office... lots of people converting and converting others... I guess I should ask Verizon for some sort of cut...

I LOVE MY DROID.
    +1
    My first time using anything Android (been an avid BB user for quite some time).
    At first when I saw that the Droid was made by Motorola, I cringed in fear and detest. But after reading reviews, and testing out my friend's Droid, I'm thoroughly impressed!! It seems Motorola got things right for once (with the exception of the slider keyboard which shall take some getting used to).

I've had my Droid for 4 weeks now, and loving every moment. Of course there's some minor bugs... but I'm sure that with a couple of firmware updates via OTA, they will all be resolved.

Funny thing is, now all my co-workers want to get a Droid after looking at mine (a majority of them are die hard BB and iphone users).
    12-01-2009 01:53 PM
    I am so in love with it that I find myself not thinking about it sometimes because it just works. Unlike my OLD BB Storm - the firts one, or second one, or third one, or fourth one, or even the fifth one.
    12-01-2009 01:57 PM
    I am so in love with it that I find myself not thinking about it sometimes because it just works. Unlike my OLD BB Storm - the first one, or second one, or third one, or fourth one, or even the fifth one.
    Agreed.
    My BB Storm experience died after repeated replacements (5 total).
    It seems that the first one showed it's true hardware limitations. All the replacements that followed just made things worse. After constant fails... I was about to throw in the towel, then CS offered me a chance to give the Moto Droid a shot free of charge.
    I haven't looked back since.
    12-01-2009 03:02 PM
    I have just written my full thoughts on the droid vs blackberry. I posted it here, mods please delete if this is not within the rules, the only thing on that site is this review.

Brian Turnbloom's Blog
    12-01-2009 03:39 PM
    Nice read....found a few points you might want to update or know about.

Here's one

You have to scroll through your whole list, or start typing in the search bar which searches contacts
    If you highlight the star by your most called contacts (in your phone list), you can just search your favorites to place a call. Much smaller list. And just hit the green phone button to call directly from there. There's actually about 4 other ways to customize your phone list to make it faster. The beauty of the phone is that there are also speed dial apps, of different types and styles.
    12-01-2009 04:03 PM
    The bad thing about all the hands on reviews, is that even for a phone expert, the droid takes a lot of time to explore and figure out. That could be bad, or good. Luckily, for those that don't want to explore the phone and figure things out, they can get a free app or purchase an app. to simplify it.

I just gather from your review that you need a little more time with the device (not in a bad way, just so you could be even more informative), because based on my experience so far, I learn something new about it every day... and am constanly reading FAQ's and suggestion from multiple forums. Yes, it's a lot for a non-tech type, but it's also very easily accessible with a few clicks.

I got away from a blackberry, because it no longer seemed like a computer to me. It was like a POS car. Always requiring maintenance. A computer, gets updated OTA regularly, to address issues. I don't want to mess with reloading, saving, backing up, unloading and reloading leaks and hybrids.
    12-01-2009 04:09 PM
    The bad thing about all the hands on reviews, is that even for a phone expert, the droid takes a lot of time to explore and figure out. That could be bad, or good. Luckily, for those that don't want to explore the phone and figure things out, they can get a free app or purchase an app. to simplify it.

I just gather from your review that you need a little more time with the device, because based on my experience so far, I learn something new about it every day... and am constanly reading FAQ's and suggestion from multiple forums. Yes, it's a lot for a non-tech type, but it's also very easily accessible with a few clicks.
    To dovetail what you mention>>>>>>>>YES todays SmartPhones are getting very close to what a netbook does which means we all have a steep learning curve........that said as power-users somewhere we demanded that smartphones do a little more than a "Cell-Phone" and now we are at this cross-road of accepting a power-house or we do have a choice of reverting back to a simple no-frills attached Java or Brew or watered down MAC OS based phones.
    After all that I blabbered onhere I do enjoy using this phone as I did keep up with emerging enhancements on smartphones since they were called smartphones!!
    12-01-2009 04:17 PM
    Nice read....found a few points you might want to update or know about.

Here's one

If you highlight the star by your most called contacts (in your phone list), you can just search your favorites to place a call. Much smaller list. And just hit the green phone button to call directly from there. There's actually about 4 other ways to customize your phone list to make it faster. The beauty of the phone is that there are also speed dial apps, of different types and styles.
    Thanks for that tip, i didn't know how to make them favorites. I read a few android forums every day, like i used to do with blackberry, so i definitely learn a lot every day.
    12-01-2009 05:13 PM
    Just checking in on the poll and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the results so far. Looks like Motorola has really done a great job here...
    12-01-2009 10:47 PM
    I love the Droid. I've had many phones since I was 18. Recent phones were sidekick with tmobile (returned after 30 days), blackberry pearl HTC Wing both with tmobile, LG Voyager then blackberry storm 1 which I defended against my old iphanboy roommate every day. I LOVE this phone. I just need to get out of my storm habits which consist of battery pulls and watching memory. I've stopped the battery pulls. The Droid is definately going to give the i*cough*phone a run for its money. The great thing is the Droid is just a first step in the right direction for Google and Android platform.
    12-03-2009 01:32 AM
    I am very happy with my Moto Droid. it's the best wireless handset that I have ever used. There are plenty of things that need to be improved though, but even still, it's better than any Iphone, blackberry, and winmo device that I've ever used.
    12-03-2009 10:50 AM
130 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD