What emails will actually push to the droid?

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I've been confused on this. I've heard just Gmail will push, but I've also heard that others will. I use yahoo for my personal email and its set up on my storm, but was hoping I could somehow set-up my work email (outlook) so I could just get rid of my yahoo and use my work email for everything if I decide to go to the "dark side".

Thanks

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
gmail and exchange mail are supposed to push. everything else should pull.

you can fwd your mail to a gmail account and then it would all be push if you wanted.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
What exactly is PULL email? Would I have to go get email that is not going through Gmail? I am not sure I want all my email going through Google that has data farms capturing anything it can grab. I have Go Daddy email now.

ibdoomed

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
What exactly is PULL email? Would I have to go get email that is not going through Gmail? I am not sure I want all my email going through Google that has data farms capturing anything it can grab. I have Go Daddy email now.

Pull means the phone actively checks for new mail every trigger (timer or whatnot). Can be a massive drain on the battery not to mention slow. My gmail has never pushed, or if it did, there was still a 5 minute timer somewhere, and my battery only lasted about 4 hours. Now that I've turned off gmail entirely and switched to Good messaging to connect my lotus notes, which is a push system, my battery lasts about 36 hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia