Swipe + Password...are you kidding me?

mcevoys

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the FR22 update pushed to my phone. Based on security policy, it forced me to setup either a PIN or Pasword (I chose PIN).

So now, to use my phone, I have to swipe, then enter a PIN? This is a bit nuts...should be one or the other.

How do I get rid of the swipe to just use the PIN?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Their should be an app that disables the slide to unlock look for it in the market. If I find it ill post a link

mcevoys

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
>>Can't you just choose "Nothing" from the security settings? Location & Security -> Set up screen lock.

No...'none' and 'pattern' both say 'disabled by remote phone administrator'

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
give no lock a try dont know how it will work for you
edit it works on my d2 disabled my pin lock so hope it helps you

mcevoys

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
and to reitrerate...I'm fine with a corporate security policy...I'm fine with a PIN.

I don't, however, need a swipe *and* a PIN. I just want to get rid of the swipe.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, this was one of this first things to greet me when I setup my Droid after leaving BB. It was almost back to BB for me because it was THAT annoying.

Like someone mentioned before there is "no app for that" to fix in Froyo. The work around was given to me by someone on Crackberry.com, which was to use an app called Touchdown Exchange from the market. Once installed it will handle all your exchange mail functions. The brilliance of the app is that it only asks for the password to be entered upon first run of the app after a reboot .. After that no password required after unlocking.

Bad thing is after 30 days you have to buy the full version (unlock key) for $19.99. The only thing different between paid and free is that in the free version you cant edit your signature. Good thing is you get a VASTLY better exchange email program that to me beats what I had on the Blackberry Enterprise Service I previously used.

To me it was a small price to pay to enjoy all Android offers without the annoyance of the exchange password...

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I use this method out of personal preference. I don't find it nearly as annoying as you do though. The swype only takes about .05 seconds. But to each his own I guess..

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I use this method out of personal preference. I don't find it nearly as annoying as you do though. The swype only takes about .05 seconds. But to each his own I guess..

The swipe to unlock is not the issue here. It's the PIN entry that is forced by the IT department running the MS Exchange server. It can't be overridden yet in Froyo.

Trust me when I say that Swiping to unlock then typing in a 4 digit PIN then hitting enter it a royal pain in the arse.... Especially when the device locks every time the screen blacks out ... :mad:

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
and to reitrerate...I'm fine with a corporate security policy...I'm fine with a PIN.

I don't, however, need a swipe *and* a PIN. I just want to get rid of the swipe.

Once you install Touchdown Exchange you can use SwitchPro to toggle the swipe lock off. I found there is no way to loose the swipe without addressing the PIN issue first ...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech