trouble with contacts

guitarevan07

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
So I am a little confused.

I had the guys at the VZW store sync my storm's contacts to my Droid.
Then when I did the whole google sync thing it took my google contacts. Well those are pretty much the same as the ones on my BB storm. So now I have a ton of duplicate material in each of the individual contacts sections.
This is a problem because when i go to compose a new text and a start typing someones name, the suggestions will start coming up like:

John Doe Mobile (+8138675309)
John Doe Mobile (8138675309)
John Doe home (+7934561545)
John Doe home (+7931564598)

So this obviously takes up a lot of space. I saw that there is an option to not sync contacts, but when i do that, it doesn't change anything.

I really want to keep my BB storm's contacts because its more up-to-date than my google sync'd ones, so wiping my contacts is my last resort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunatly, unless I'm mistaken, you will probably have to manually delete all the ones you don't want.
This has come up before, also in conjunction with the whole Facebook sync system and it's kind of a hastle. But I don't know myself anyway other than the manual way to get rid of all the doubles.
Sorry if I have been no help at all lol.

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Are your BB contacts synced with Outlook? And would you be willing to delete all of your GMail contacts? If so, you can delete all the contacts on Gmail, export your Outlook contacts to a .csv file and then use the .csv to import all your Outlook (and thus your BB) contacts to GMail. Then it'll be automagically synced to the Droid. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. I've done it several times (don't ask).

Also, I don't know if it matters, but when I've deleted all the contacts in GMail, I've always let the sync delete all the contacts on my Droid before then importing the .csv. I don't know if it matters, but I just have a funny feeling about doing such wholesale changes to the contact list too quickly. Almost seems like a recipe to make a jumbled mess of things.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, you'll probably have to clean them up in one place or another.

before i got my droid, i synced my tour's address book with gmail and then went through it and cleaned them all up.

but i like organizing things, i find it therapeutic. :p