Have Eris, Thinking about Exchanging.....

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
As I said, I have the Eris and I think I am going to exchange it for the Droid simply because the battery is apparently better... Did any one use both devices that can clear this up for me? (or talk me out)

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
As I said, I have the Eris and I think I am going to exchange it for the Droid simply because the battery is apparently better... Did any one use both devices that can clear this up for me? (or talk me out)

Have not used the Eris, but the Droid is great. At first battery was a concern but it seems to be getting better, and I'm actually able to put it down now.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The battery life on the Droid has been exceptional for me. Getting a full day out of any smartphone seems like quite an accomplishment. I also carry a spare battery around when I'm traveling just in case. It's really easy to pop a new one in really quick.

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I am coming from the iPhone, which did really well for me on the battery... I am going to hang onto it though the weekend then I'll make the final call... I love the Eris, but the battery is just bad.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I have both the Eris and the Droid. I have to be fair here in my reply>>>
Droid battery is awesome
Eris battery is very weak.
( I don't care what a lot of "gurus" will say about how to manage the settings>>> for crying out loud I bought a smartphone to use all of its cool applications and NOT to go back and download apps to "kill" apps, just so the battery will last all day. That's a crock of **it.HTC screwed up period in NOT supporting that device with a larger capacity battery. Isn't the whole point of having an Android device to multi-task? and be a step above iPhone?)
I DONOT want to talk you out of an Android BUT get the Droid IF your needs are such that you are a power-user.

jburke82

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I originally started with an eris and loved the phone. After three days, the weak battery and somewhat lagginess of the phone got to me and I exchanged it for a droid. Best decision! The eris battery would be down to about 60% around noon after a full charge and basically no useage (I don't use my cell at work except for a call or two). I don't think you would be upset with a droid, especially since you can customize it to look similiar to the eris with the sense ui.

prchoudh

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Tough choice

At the Verizon store, I was there for about 3 hours and at one point in time left and came back. Never in my life had I ever been torn between 2 phones. I really liked the layout of the Eris but I also liked the responsiveness and the larger screen of the Motorola.

After speaking with several peope and reading the reviews I went with the Motorola. I got the Eris for my wife. We are both former Storm users. I cannot pry this phone off her hands to even add an app. She likes the fact that it is so compact. She doesnt like mine because of its bulk.

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Jut my .02 cents. I bought the Eris and really enjoyed it; Right up until I took it to work and it died at 3 PM. Not good. I exchanged it for the Droid and am glad I did. Battery lasted me from 7 AM til 10 PM and I later reqlized that my GPS had been active the whole time. Lol

Last edited:

randy_m

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The battery life on the Droid has been exceptional for me. Getting a full day out of any smartphone seems like quite an accomplishment. I also carry a spare battery around when I'm traveling just in case. It's really easy to pop a new one in really quick.

How do you charge the extra battery? I've thought about getting another one, but without an outboard charger, I would think it would be useless.

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone; this is the info I was looking for! Equus is right... I switched from AT&T and my iPhone, the Eris was the closest thing to it as far as form factor but the battery life has just really been the bane of my existence... I am one of those people who have downloaded app killers and such and they really maybe only saved me around an hour of battery life.. I thought about waiting for Seidio to come out with a higher capacity battery while I wait for the 2.0 update, but then I would be shelling out about the same amount of money as I would for the Droid (give or take $30-40). I am not looking forward to the heft of the droid, but it just seems like it's obviously a better choice right now.

Thanks for all of your input and hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

csiguy1

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The Droid has the longest lasting battery of any Android to date. That is one of the reasons that I will look long and hard before switching to another phone.

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
No complaints here from a new Eris user coming from 10 years as a Palm OS devotee. Every new device has its quirks and I'm sure the Eros will get better and better. I too am a realtor and enjoy this device.