Remove verizon logo?

visualplastik

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Anyone found a way to take off the verizon logo?
Tried rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover, didn't have any negative effects, but it didn't take it off.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It's not coming off unless you are willing to put a lot of work into it and I'm not sure it would be worth it...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
a little nail polish or model paint would probably be easier and if done right, would be pretty un noticable.

but, like others, i don't really see the point

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Try Goo Gone. I've used it before on certain applications like this.
But I'm with everyone else on this matter.... why bother removing the logo? Unless you're going for the "clean" look, just like debadging your ride or something.:confused:

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Maybe he's an iphone transfer, and doesn't want his buddies to see him with a verizon branded phone!

Seriously though, why would you want to get rid of the logo or go through the effort to do so...

visualplastik

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No never had an iphone, but I think the logos are poorly done.

The three on the back are slapped on there in no order. But I have a amzer case to cover those up.

Don't think I mentioned that I'm a web designer? That could explain the cosmetic desire. But you guys seem to think verizon's / motorola logos almost improve the droid? Can't say anything is cool about verizon other than the good service.
I'd be fine if it just had the DROID logo across the back personally.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Minimalism, hello ;)

Black magic marker is doing ok.

I hope that is a joke as that would look just terrible... (just my opinion)

No never had an iphone, but I think the logos are poorly done.

The three on the back are slapped on there in no order. But I have a amzer case to cover those up.

Don't think I mentioned that I'm a web designer? That could explain the cosmetic desire. But you guys seem to think verizon's / motorola logos almost improve the droid? Can't say anything is cool about verizon other than the good service.
I'd be fine if it just had the DROID logo across the back personally.

If it bothers you that bad you could always wait it out until a unlocked version comes along but who knows if that will ever even happen.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I guess I am with everyone else I can't see a need in removing it. Honestly until this post I never even noticed where they were at. I guess I don't get the web designer side of things either as I own a web dev/software design company and I cannot see anything wrong with the logo themselves.

I don't think they add or detract from a phone. But this is obviously a subjective statement but I am sure you are one of the very very few trying to do something like this.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you think a big droid would look better plastered across the back rather than the fairly subtle logos (which i will agree there are too many of, one of each is PLENTY, i don't need to be reminded twice that i'm using verizon's network) then well, i won't say anything mean, because aesthetics are really a personal preference.

more power to you to get the device the way you want. :)

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Acetone would most likely take off the logos. Be sure to wear gloves.

BTW: the logos are not there to remind you of what phone/service you have... it is to advertise to others.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463