ive noticed asurion is currently out of stock on droid 1, is there anyone who has done a claim lately? are they offering anything equal to it instead of the lower end phones devour/eris?
    09-13-2010 03:44 AM
    At one time I heard they might offer the X or the D2 but that was awhile ago.
    09-13-2010 10:26 AM
    This sucks hope my droid doesn't take a **** and need to do it I'm not downgrading when I pay 6 $ a month
    09-13-2010 10:38 AM
    Last weekend I called in asurion because I had lost my motorola droid, but they had told me that they had no motorola droids in stock so they would in exchange give me a Droid Eris or devour, or if I wanted to wait in back order for a Motorola Droid, so I waited less then a day untill I recived a call from asurion that my Motorola Droid was ready to be ordered, and when I recived it came with android 2.1 update 1
    09-14-2010 01:19 AM
    You'd think they would offer a D2 at least. I hope my Droid doesn't crap out. I'm not settling for anything less than Droid. Screw the Eris and the Devour.
    10-10-2010 10:17 PM
    I agree offer droid inc / x / droid 2 something equal or better not a downgrade just trying to get by with my droid not getting hurt or crapping out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    10-11-2010 12:47 AM
    My droid partially died yesterday. The left side of the phone doesn't work, so I can't use the "back" button, the number 1, the letter A, the checkboxes in email, etc..

Verizon is sending me a new one, but mentioned that I have to keep my battery, SD card, and backdoor. I assume I am getting a refurbed driod, but my fingers are crossed that something better comes.

Mark
    10-14-2010 09:21 AM
    This is truly bad news. I was going to buy a D2 until I heard about the "blur" garbage on it. Now I'm waiting for another stock android device and if my OG droid dies I'm going to be up "S" creek.
    10-14-2010 02:21 PM
    I don't buy the insurance plans from the carrier, ever, they are always a rip-off.

That said, though, doesn't the contract specify "equal or higher" value replacement? If they tried to push a Devour or heaven forbid, and Eris, I'd push back. At least the keyboard on the Devour is better...
    10-14-2010 04:58 PM
    That said, though, doesn't the contract specify "equal or higher" value replacement?
    It's up to them to determine what is considered equivalent.
    10-15-2010 09:25 AM
    I don't buy the insurance plans from the carrier, ever, they are always a rip-off.

That said, though, doesn't the contract specify "equal or higher" value replacement? If they tried to push a Devour or heaven forbid, and Eris, I'd push back. At least the keyboard on the Devour is better...
    Then what do you do when you drop it and the screen breaks? That just happened to mine and for $85 I get a new (referb) Droid .. Although I havent called yet because it is still working fine.
    10-15-2010 12:00 PM

mupi, how do you insure your device then? I purchased my Droid from craigslist and found out that Assurion only insures devices purchased through Verizon. To that end, I have an almost brand new Droid with NO insurance.
    11-02-2010 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD