01-23-2010 03:03 AM
96 1234
tools
    Overall, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my Droid. A few things that might make it better for me are:
    1) predictive typing on the physical keyboard (I have not yet taken myself the workaround decribed in this forum)
    2) the ability to add a signature to my non-Gmail email accounts (like is available for Gmail.
    3) the ability to store apps on the SD card - I still have 150MB left in the phone but I will hit the wall some day.
    11-28-2009 07:48 PM
    Wish that you could use your music as ringtones or notifications without using different folders. That there was a true iTunes sync. Last thing I could think of is a way to change the way that websites see your phone like on the bb (Firefox, IE and Droid).
    11-28-2009 08:28 PM
    I would love multi touch for the keyboard.
    11-28-2009 08:36 PM
    Oh one other thing:
    A Picasa application, I mean it is a Google phone it should have it on it already
    11-28-2009 09:57 PM
    Ability to store apps on SD Card, redone Facebook app, and redone camera app
    11-29-2009 02:45 PM
    More Application Pages without having to download other themes (dxtop,pandahome,etc.) and a multitouch keyboard. Separation of Notification ringtones such as different email, txt message, and third party applications ringtones for each of them. Also, a new way to copy and paste it is a bit difficult to copy what you want right now.
    11-29-2009 02:49 PM
    In no particular order and suggestions for stock out-of-the-box, no app should be required.

1. Ability to customize color selected for email accounts
    2. For the music widget: don't require a playlist be created for proper widget sync... It should pick up all you music unless you select a playlist (mine always says 'Selected playlist is empty' unless I select a song) Also add a Stop button for the music instead of just Pause...
    3. More screens, allow user to specify number of screens desired.
    4. Implement a smaller task bar like dxtop allows where you can have small phone, contact, messaging, etc icons for quick access and allow the user to select if they want them on at all times.. in an app or out of an app.
    5. Have date show in notifications location when no notifications are present.
    6. Remove the d-pad and use the extra space to make the hard keyboard larger.
    7. Multitouch for keyboard and pinch-zoom.
    8. Fix proximity sensor software bugs so no black out screens after calls... (mine stays blacked out every now and then...)
    9. Improved camera software
    10. Allow onscreen keyboard customizations (moving keys, adding/removing keys)
    11. Allow user to define gestures for opening apps, calling people, etc.
    12. Probably all on facebook, but fix facebook sync... not only does the widget suck, but I have some contacts that my droid thinks have 30 facebook inputs for their phone number.
    13. Speech to text input for SMS/MMS.
    14. Allow a quick way to mute all noises except for incoming calls and alarms... I'd like this for when I go to bed... I don't need to know when i get an email or a text at 4 AM, but if i got a call then... I'd want to know.

Thats all I can think of for now...

Just so you know, I LOVE my Droid and despite my suggestions here, I am perfectly happy with it Also, just to point out, there are a lot of these customizations that can be done with apps found in the market, but its just always nice to have more features come stock.
    11-29-2009 10:19 PM
    Hope no one said this already, but screen capture. I know its on DXtop already but it would be nice to use it with any other home alternate without having to go through all the other loops that's associated with screen capture for Android.
    11-29-2009 11:44 PM
    I would like to lose the physical keyboard.
    11-30-2009 01:34 AM
    - Music app needs to be beefed up big time. It's ugly, unintuitive and doesn't even read album art correctly half the time.

- Multitouch pinch and zoom for web pages absolutely should have been included upon release. It's absurd that the Brit's get something before we do.

- I'd also like to see the camera app be full screen like the iphone eg: no ugly black frame that serves no purpose save for being ugly for ugly's sake.

- Lastly, Google should have lit a fire under the Facebook developer's asses to make the facebook app on the Droid the "killer" built in app. Instead its slow, ugly, and has fewer features than the mobile web version. Hell, you can't even view friend's pictures within the app itself, it brings you to the web version.
    11-30-2009 03:53 AM
    1. BT Voice Dialing
    2. Ability to accept .ics calendar invites
    3. Run apps from the sd card
    4. Configure the number of home screens
    11-30-2009 11:30 AM
    1. Pocket Quicken.
    2. Rhapsody app.
    3. Remote car start/keyless entry.
    4. Get rid of the hardware keyboard and make the phone thinner.
    5. Inductive charging like the Palm Pre.
    6. A Bluetooth app to communicate with a full size keyboard and mouse when I'm at home.
    7. An app like MyMobiler I was using on my Windows Mobile Treo 800w.
    8. A Paypal app that display a barcode on the screen that link to my account. And it also use the camera to scan other people barcode to transfer money.
    9. Mobile Defense will be out soon.

Just a little wish list. It's already awesome.
    12-08-2009 05:32 AM
    I forgot to say we need full pinch to zoom everywere just not the browser and update the copy and paste to a much easier technque that's about all I need.
    Can't wait for the moto droid 2
    12-08-2009 08:55 AM
    I thought this was about features of the phone, like software and OS things not redesigning the phone lol
    12-08-2009 09:03 AM
    OK, so I am aware the Droid basically just was released but what new features/if any would you like to see added in some future updates? Anything is fair game except bug fixes as those are something we can all agree on.

Just curious to see what some of you think...
    I love my Droid but I would like to see better backgrounds using my own pictures. It seems that all my pictures are getting cut off at sides (known problem others are reporting) even after resizing. I would also like to see better Facebook application (Bloo is just ok). Other than that I am quite excited about this "robot" HA!
    12-08-2009 01:59 PM
    I would like the backlight on the analog keyboard to stay on as long as the phone is slid open.
    12-08-2009 02:42 PM
    Agree with this, plus
    1. e-mail programming to mimic windows office with ability to delete en-mass and file storage locations on the SD card. Needs to be free also.
    2. Ringtone storage on sd card (which it has) but has no ability to view SD card from utility ringtone menu to apply ringtones (that I've found).
    3. basic pinch to zoom function (unless this is part of the update this week)
    4. SD Card ability to be expanded to 32 like they originally said. This may still be a possibility, but no one at my verizon store knows anything about getting a 32 sd card.
    5. Tethering to my laptop (which I hear is coming) but do it thru reverse wifi. Have the phone as a wifi point. don't know if this is possible but you can do it thru bluetooth on I-phone.
    6. VPN usage. What the heck is this. Someone explain how this works. I'm hooked in to my office network but still can't see anything.
    7. Need a way to view Hulu.com from phone (which they say is coming this year). This would be great when your sitting on the can and don't have a book to read.
    8. A real phone manual which explains all the functions. The Verizon people keep telling me "just play with it, it's easy". It's not that easy.
    9. Camera stabilization sucks. This can be compensated by programming and hopefully this new update does so.
    10. Not able to access internet while on phone? Even if you are on wifi. C'mon.

That's it for now. Love my phone even with my "problems". Hoping they can solve some of these items so I can get rid of my laptop.
    12-08-2009 02:44 PM
    bluetooth dialing....I'm sure google will implement it, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why they released this phone w/o it being incorporated into the android os
    12-08-2009 02:47 PM
    +1

I definitely hope to have a way to add a signature to my exchange account.
    12-09-2009 05:56 PM
    1) A fully functional IMAP non-Gmail email app (signatures, control over Sent/Trash/Junk folder, filing email on IMAP server, multiple delete, etc.). I know they want us to use Gmail for all email, but for some of us that's not an option.
    2) Apps on the SD card.
    12-09-2009 07:00 PM
    1) A fully functional IMAP non-Gmail email app (signatures, control over Sent/Trash/Junk folder, filing email on IMAP server, multiple delete, etc.). I know they want us to use Gmail for all email, but for some of us that's not an option.
    2) Apps on the SD card.
    Im sure you will be able to save whatever you want on the SD card when they get the ROMs worked out for the ROOT access.
    12-09-2009 07:15 PM
    I would love to see a better Facebook app, and a real chase app. The camera needs a fine tuneing.

I think the entire app store in general needs to be worked on and get more major apps..

other then that I think the phone is great, i love it!!
    12-10-2009 01:55 PM
    I would like to make folders for my pictures through the phone itself. I was able to do that with my BB. With the droid i have to make the files throught the computer. Not the end of the world.
    Otherwise the phone is awesome.
    12-11-2009 03:58 PM
    I don't want new features, I just want the phone to be a bit more quick/smooth. I wish the touch screen scrolling/responsiveness were as smooth as that on the iPhone/iPod Touch. The pinch zooming in Dolphin is particularly bad in this regard. I am grateful to have it, I just wish it would be something close to as smooth as on the iPhone. I assume the multi-tasking is a possible cause for the less smooth response, but even the Palm Pre has much a quicker/smoother touch screen than the Droid.
    12-11-2009 04:05 PM
    Hi! I would love to be able to set up my Droid to be able to receive my Windows Mail. The workaround for this is to read it via my Roadrunner account webmail, but it would be great to be able to set it up as you can with Outlook Mail, etc. I hope that will be available in the not-too-distant future!

Thanks for posing the question, Jeremy!

Nancy from Texas
    12-12-2009 12:15 AM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD