What new features would you like to see?

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Agree with this, plus
1. e-mail programming to mimic windows office with ability to delete en-mass and file storage locations on the SD card. Needs to be free also.
2. Ringtone storage on sd card (which it has) but has no ability to view SD card from utility ringtone menu to apply ringtones (that I've found).
3. basic pinch to zoom function (unless this is part of the update this week)
4. SD Card ability to be expanded to 32 like they originally said. This may still be a possibility, but no one at my verizon store knows anything about getting a 32 sd card.
5. Tethering to my laptop (which I hear is coming) but do it thru reverse wifi. Have the phone as a wifi point. don't know if this is possible but you can do it thru bluetooth on I-phone.
6. VPN usage. What the heck is this. Someone explain how this works. I'm hooked in to my office network but still can't see anything.
7. Need a way to view Hulu.com from phone (which they say is coming this year). This would be great when your sitting on the can and don't have a book to read.
8. A real phone manual which explains all the functions. The Verizon people keep telling me "just play with it, it's easy". It's not that easy.
9. Camera stabilization sucks. This can be compensated by programming and hopefully this new update does so.
10. Not able to access internet while on phone? Even if you are on wifi. C'mon.

That's it for now. Love my phone even with my "problems". Hoping they can solve some of these items so I can get rid of my laptop.

gehx

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
bluetooth dialing....I'm sure google will implement it, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why they released this phone w/o it being incorporated into the android os

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Just two things for me

1) A fully functional IMAP non-Gmail email app (signatures, control over Sent/Trash/Junk folder, filing email on IMAP server, multiple delete, etc.). I know they want us to use Gmail for all email, but for some of us that's not an option.
2) Apps on the SD card.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
1) A fully functional IMAP non-Gmail email app (signatures, control over Sent/Trash/Junk folder, filing email on IMAP server, multiple delete, etc.). I know they want us to use Gmail for all email, but for some of us that's not an option.
2) Apps on the SD card.

Im sure you will be able to save whatever you want on the SD card when they get the ROMs worked out for the ROOT access.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I would love to see a better Facebook app, and a real chase app. The camera needs a fine tuneing.

I think the entire app store in general needs to be worked on and get more major apps..

other then that I think the phone is great, i love it!! :)

PPH1

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I would like to make folders for my pictures through the phone itself. I was able to do that with my BB. With the droid i have to make the files throught the computer. Not the end of the world.
Otherwise the phone is awesome.

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't want new features, I just want the phone to be a bit more quick/smooth. I wish the touch screen scrolling/responsiveness were as smooth as that on the iPhone/iPod Touch. The pinch zooming in Dolphin is particularly bad in this regard. I am grateful to have it, I just wish it would be something close to as smooth as on the iPhone. I assume the multi-tasking is a possible cause for the less smooth response, but even the Palm Pre has much a quicker/smoother touch screen than the Droid.

photophatty67

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi! I would love to be able to set up my Droid to be able to receive my Windows Mail. The workaround for this is to read it via my Roadrunner account webmail, but it would be great to be able to set it up as you can with Outlook Mail, etc. I hope that will be available in the not-too-distant future!

Thanks for posing the question, Jeremy!

Nancy from Texas

photophatty67

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I would like the backlight on the analog keyboard to stay on as long as the phone is slid open.

...and AMEN to this! I was just wishing there were a setting for the keyboard backlight to allow you to keep it on for an indefinite period of time, especially if you're using it in low light or no light situations. I thik this is very practical, and very much needed!

photophatty67

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
...sorry! I just remembered one other thing I very much need: Since the Droid uses Gmail as its email client, I really need the capability to create my own subject folders in order to file and locate specific saved emails, just as I do in my Windows Mail that I use on my desktop.

I know I'm going to start both sending and receiving a lot of email within this account, and I don't want to have to sift through them all just to find one email message.

Thanks,

Nancy from Texas

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I would also like to see it have the capability to save apps to the sd card.
Would also like for it to replace the remote control for my TV and to go get me a beer....

dmalesky

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I would like see "all" of my notes in the contact section, instead of seeing only 10 lines or so. I can see them when I edit the note field, however they do not all show up when I am finished editing the contact.

Dave M.

raequinn

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I would like to be able to browse web and other programs while talking on the phone. If this is already possible could someone please tell me what I'm missing.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
I would like to be able to browse web and other programs while talking on the phone. If this is already possible could someone please tell me what I'm missing.

Havent you seen the AT&T commercials?? The need something that verizon and the droid does not have!!

Back to the real topic, I think a working facebook app would be nice also the ability to sync the facebook calender. Pinch to zoom on the default browser and an equalizer on the default music app would also be cool to have but they arent a huge deal.

Driod is awesome, you can always find issues if you look hard enough but for a phone that has been out a little over a month is is amazing.

jaydee15

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I thought you could as long as you were on WIFI. I wanna say I tried it after seeing the ATT comercial

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar