I had some battery issues since updating to the latest release of Froyo, and I was able to solve most of them by using the dial *#*#4636#*#* trick and deleting a couple apps that were killing the battery with excessive network usage or partial awake usage.

However, the same trick shows that Facebook is now using the battery for network usage about 10 times for than anything else. I turned the Facebook refresh interval off and my facebook notifications are inactive, but the battery history for facebook network usage is still off the charts. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?
    09-16-2010 11:33 AM
    I figured it out...it was all from Facebook Sync. I don't find that to be necessary once you have already synced your contacts. All of the Facebook data is still tied to my contacts, and sync is no longer on. I'll probably just turn it on once a week to sync new contacts.
    09-16-2010 12:39 PM
    Yeah the FB sync just crushes your battery. I had the same issue back when I updated it, and was like WTF, my battery is shot after only a couple hours..lol.
    09-17-2010 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD